New rear wheel bearing = ABS light

A2driver

Hmmm, I've changed a rear wheel bearing but now get the ABS warning light after a short drive. Too much of a conincidence not to be connected. Has anyone else had this?
Perhaps the sensor needs to be nearer the ring or maybe I can swap the ring of the old bearing housing onto the new one?

I've changed both rear wheel bearings (using genuine Audi parts) and had no problems with ABS warning lights.
A diagnostic scan should show which side is the problem. If you have not already done so, remove and clean the sensor

Cheers Spike

Isn't that the ASR light you're getting? I've had a similar problem with the ASR light popping up after replacing a wheel bearing. Where did you get the wheel bearing from? If it isn't a genuine part, it is most likely that you are experiencing the same problem, easy fix though, genuine wheel bearing. Cheers!

Non-genuine part -weirdly enough it seems speed related, as driving around town at maximum of 40 and everythings fine. I'll give the sensor a clean but maybe i'll have to get another bearing (didn't have one in stock)

Rookie / Spike
I need to fit new rear wheel bearings but have been holding off due to problems experienced with the front bearings. Needed special tools and had to persuade the local main dealer to fit my bearings. Are any special tools required for the rear bearings or is it a reasonably straight forward job?
Thanks

Back