New to the A2 world

Valmir

Hi guys
Just want to say hi and introduce myself, i just passed my test and im looking at buying my first car and looking at an A2. I was recommended to join this forum by zippnjeff, as this is the best place to to get advice and help with all my A2 needs so look forward to getting to know some of you guys

Congrats on passing your test. I've just bought an A2 for a new driver, they're an ideal first car and (relatively) cheap to insure

Hi hass, yea does seem a great forum for advice here, dont need to worry with these guys around.

Thanks murdo, im in love with that car.

Dha2 where did you insure yours? I was quoted £1500 minimum and thats if i pay annually, monthly came up at £1800

Dha2 where did you insure yours? I was quoted £1500 minimum and thats if i pay annually, monthly came up at £1800

I insured my TDI for £770 after I passed my test. It was through Admiral Multicar. You can start with just 1 car on the policy and the other cars are added when their current policies run out. My parents cars are on the policy and they save quite a bit too.

Tim

Oh that is pretty good then, admiral for me came up at £4000 to insure mine, noway im paying that much, ill have to see what my dad is on and look into the multicar policy if it can knock mine down abit

Oh that is pretty good then, admiral for me came up at £4000 to insure mine, noway im paying that much, ill have to see what my dad is on and look into the multicar policy if it can knock mine down abit

You should get as many quotes as you can and don't just rely on the comparison sites.

I had a best quote on a Mitsubishi EVO 7 of £8,000 !!!
I went to Direct Line, not expecting much and got cover for £800.

So please do shop around, it costs nothing to get quotes but you can save hundreds.

WHatver happens though, do give them the full facts and don't hide anything or try to kid them (not saying that you would) finding out you are not insured when you need to claim is a nightmare!!

Steve B

Well ive been on all the comparison websites just to get a rough idea what it would cost but me and zippy gonna have a proper shop around on the weekend and see what we can find, i did try a few independant ones but they were really high, even added my girlfriend to see if that helped

To be honest i dont need to hide anything from them, but think actually speaking to them would help as i work shifts so cant put where there car would be parked correctly.
Ive heard to tell the truth before as your insurance is void if its not correct

I got a quote of £950 for a 17yr old from More Than Smart Wheels on a 2005 petrol 1.4 special edition with a black box and 6k miles a year. I discovered it was £90 saving to insure from the following day rather than the same day, so worth trying that.

Back