New to the site and only had my A2 for 3 weeks

celsisone

New to the site and only had my A2 for 3 weeks, Been an audi driver for 13 years now. I had had my B5 Audi S4 since 2001 and would never sale it..
Have got the A2 as my daily driver. I have a 1.4 16v car and love it...

been modding Audi's for years now and my S4 is far from standard, more a weekend toy now..

cheers

Brett C:rolleyes:

Welcome to A2oc plenty of help and advice with some inspiration for modifying. enjoy mikee

New to the site and only had my A2 for 3 weeks, Been an audi driver for 13 years now. I had had my B5 Audi S4 since 2001 and would never sale it..
Have got the A2 as my daily driver. I have a 1.4 16v car and love it...

been modding Audi's for years now and my S4 is far from standard, more a weekend toy now..

cheers

Brett C:rolleyes:

Welcome from me too. My first Audi was in 1987, I started with a Coupe Quattro! Had half a dozen more Audis since, not continuously, but the A2 is certainly one of the most interesting and with all its innovation, it feels like a 'proper Audi' to me. Hope you enjoy yours too.

Welcome to A2oc plenty of help and advice with some inspiration for modifying. enjoy mikee

thank you for the welcome,

Still getting to know the A2's looking into boosting the power of my 75bhp car.

I Have VAG-COM so makes my life easy to solve problems.

Will post up picture soon.

thank you for the welcome,

Still getting to know the A2's looking into boosting the power of my 75bhp car.

I Have VAG-COM so makes my life easy to solve problems.

Will post up picture soon.

Welcome,

Have you found the mirror sunvisor yet?
many owners don't find that for years! (me included) it is a small thing but helps to show that these cars do have a quirky side to them.

Had at least one A2 for 12 years now, been a car enthusiast for over 40 years and to me there really is something VERY addictive about the little A2 there is nothing quite like it!!!!

Enjoy!

Steve B

I have found the mirror sunvisor lol thank you.

Looking for more power from the A2 without changing the engine.

not looking for a lot of power, have my S4 for that. over 500bhp now. looking for about A2 100bhp in it. what are the differences between the AUA and AUB engine?

not looking for a lot of power, have my S4 for that. over 500bhp now. looking for about A2 100bhp in it. what are the differences between the AUA and AUB engine?

The power differences are
55 kilowatts (75 PS; 74 bhp) @ 5,000 rpm; 128 newton metres (94 lbf·ft) @ 3,300 rpm — AUA
74 kilowatts (101 PS; 99 bhp) @ 6,000 rpm; 126 newton metres (93 lbf·ft) @ 4,400 rpm — AUB

I am sure someone with more info will explain how the extra power is achieved on the AUB.
I can guess, but facts are much better.

Steve B

Most people here with TDIs go to Vince @ Stealth Racing in Warwickshire to have their car remapped & tested on a rolling road. Mine went from 79HP tested to 103HP tested. I forget my torque figures but they went up significantly.

However, I think there is less scope for improvements if you have a 1.4 petrol.

I have removed the pre Cat from the manifold already. but now looking into the differences between the AUA and AUB engine. Block and head are the same, from want I can see only the CAM'S and the inlet are different. So look easy change, then get my tuner to remap it... anyone fitted a 6 speed gearbox to theses cars before?

Back