News New toy

tdiman

Past Member
Well I've got bored with reliable modern cars to which you can't tinker with so bought myself a new toy to play with at the weekends, it is a British V6 engined Grand Touring Estate of the classic variety, nothing like an A2 well perhaps it is! it isn't made from steel!!

That registration originates from near me, Halifax. Is it one of the later cars when they were resurrected for a short while? I recall Princess Anne used to drive one.

A Gilbern would have been better..............they hang the doors off a steel outrigger rather than a glassfibre frame............

BUT it is Welsh..............................

Scim is nice though, even better with a 2.9 instead of the 2.8.............and with a 5 speeder instead of the overdrive even nicer.....go for it.

That registration originates from near me, Halifax. Is it one of the later cars when they were resurrected for a short while? I recall Princess Anne used to drive one.

I believe it was originally from Harrogate Horseless Carriages!

I think you are thinking of the Middlebridge version made a while after mine, Princess Anne had 8 Scimitars in various guises and finished off with a Middlebridge, this version is sought afte,r often going for 2 - 3 times the price of a good scimitar and it would seem better build quieter not that mine is noisy, and had the 2.9 cologne injected engine, oh and they didn't rattle neither (unlike mine)

Last edited:
A Gilbern would have been better..............they hang the doors off a steel outrigger rather than a glassfibre frame............

Scim is nice though, even better with a 2.9 instead of the 2.8.............and with a 5 speeder instead of the overdrive even nicer.....go for it.

Well to be truthful the doors are off steel posts fixed to the chassis and a bloody great lump of metal below the dash which was added when the did the GTC softop version, that was known as the SE8, mine is an SE6B and both had the same steel backbone chassis under the bodies, one of the RSSOC club members has a GTC and has had a 3.5 cologne put in from an engine rebuilders in Darwen, thinking of going down the same route myself someday, just got to go manual first, (got the rocket box, pedal box, clutch flywheel etc, just need the spigot bearing, and a modified propshaft) the auto box is a real gas guzzler think 16mpg, although running on LPG makes it the same as 37mpg when compared to my usual brew of shells finest diesel.

Back