New Windscreen Advice

andyman

OK following a large stone hitting Ollie he now has a chip and a 10" crack at the bottom of the front windscreen.
Autoglass are coming out this friday AM to fit a new replacement under insurance (£50) and they told me its a two man job??- is this correct please??.

Also are there any tips you can give me to look out for or to make sure they do or do not do as I dont have much faith in people working on my car and I will be at work so the wife will be the supervisor!!.

Regards Andy.

Make sure you closely examine the front wings, bonnet and screen pillars with them before they start and agree any damage that may be present, I've heard stories of paint damage in these areas following screen replacement, amd yes I'd expect it to be a 2 man job, big piece of glass, will be heavy as well

Cheers

Mike

I took This advice last time a pheasant broke our screen, as soon as you go through this the repair people know you want a good job and value your car. They took the engine cover off and stored it safely and protected the wings.
Likewise my Wife was instructed to tell them and it worked. 2 men were there.

I did check that a tint was on the screen but they said it was standard, only because a previous vehicle screen replacement was fitted clear:(

Doctor

Ring them and tell them youd like a genuine audi screen. 2 People required for lifting the glass. Check the inside of your car before you sign the paperwork i have some sealant on the inside which seems to have pushed through because the non genuine screen is a poor fit.

Back