New Wiper issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puppes

Hello!
I see there are loads of posts on the noise and such with the windscreen wiper, however I get annoyed with something else. Why is it that the wipers don´t go all the way to the "driver side" When it´s raining or snowing the wipers leave an area maybe 5-10 cm in diameter untouched all the way along the righthand side of the screen which makes the already rather bad view to the forward right (and left) even worse :(. Is it supposed to be like this or?

Puppes
Welcome to the forum.

It is a problem that has been mentioned before. I'm not aware of a solution, apart from maybe:

Writing to Audi UK and mention it to them (it gets it off your chest!)
Asking your local dealer if he can make any adjustments (which I don't think they can).

In the wet, you have to contend with thick windscreen pillars AND an unswept area of windscreen. Bad.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Okay, I see. That´s too bad since where I live (in Sweden) it tends to snow a lot during winter :) and the rest of the year it tends to rain a lot (much like in the UK I imagine). Oh well, guess I'll have to keep a roll of kithen paper(tissue) in the car.

Funny this one. I had my 2003 wiper retrofitted by the garage (FOC or I would have done it), many others on this forum have done it themselves. At the social Johann and I were comparing the 'rest' position and noticed that mine was quite high up the windscreen (enough so it mildly irritates me), BUT it does clean to the edge of the screen! Perhaps that is why it has been fitted high.

[img=left]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adriancharles/a2ade.gif[/img=left]Ade
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
UK Owners Page 24
s.gif
My Home Page
s.gif
Mail me

Audi A2 1.4SE (2003): Azure Blue
s.gif
Build Wk40/2002
Factory fit: OpenSky
s.gif
Climate
s.gif
Driver Information System
s.gif
Acoustic Parking
s.gif
Lumbar Adjustment
Retrofit: Rear Cup Holder
s.gif
2003 Wiper
s.gif
Rear Door Blinds
s.gif
Centre Tray
s.gif
Elasticated Belt
s.gif
Grille Strips

Darn, so no matter what, one gets annoyed, either it is too high up or else it doesn't clean to the edge of the screen...

If you look at the fitting guide for the 2003 wiper in explaines how to remove the wiper so if you move it up a bit it will give you a sweep closer to the edge of the screen.

** I've just had to do this as when they replaced the windscreen they put the wiper too low, I could only tell this when we had heavy rain and could not see to well **

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System

Have to praise Pentraeth Audi on Anglesey again...

Mentioned a squeaky wiper blade on my 2001 A2 before a service a week ago, they replaced the whole arm and blade today (under warranty) to the 2003 model - too hot this week to try it in 'proper' rain but the windscreen washer wipe was really smooth, no squeak, no jerks.

Other warranty work done...
replaced motor that opens the fuel flap
replaced boot lock
secured front grill housing that was rattling
'cleaned' dust off break pads
replaced 'courtesey' chip/computer - something to do with the locking/alarm system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back