Newbie clocking in

P12MOO

Just thought i'd say hello. :)

My girlfriend is currently in the process of selling her Ford KA and is replacing it with an Audi A2, hopefully a 1.4TDI SE or if we can't find a diesel a 1.4FSI SE on a 52/03 plate.

The search will begin this weekend.

The reason for the A2 is because it's a little different to the norm which fits our bill well, I have previously owned a smart city coupe from September 2000 to June 2003 and i've owned my current smart roadster from June 2003 until now.

I've already spotted a few names that I recognise from the smart forums i'm on so there must be a common theme between the two.

I haven't got any buying guide questions because i've been a good boy and done a search for existing threads! :D

I'll let you know when we've bought one, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later! :)

You probably stand more chance of finding a TDi to your spec than a 1.6 FSi, which were released late in the models life & hence are a lot rarer.

On a different note, I saw one of these at the Detling kit car show a couple of weeks back - http://www.thec7.co.uk . Whats the general concensus amongst Smart owners? They reckon 40hrs to build from a Smart ForTwo/City coupe.

Edit.
Just had a look at your site. Nice car... bet that turns a few heads.

Last edited:
Hi Rob

The local adverts on autotrader seem to be mainly petrol models rather than diesel at the moment. My girlfriend will probably fall in love with the first good condition one we see whether it's petrol or diesel!

The c7 has gone down pretty well, better than engine conversions in smarts funnily enough.

The guys who are showing and selling the c7 in the UK are the same people who did my paint job, it's only been done 3 weeks tomorrow so it's still turning my head let alone anybody elses! :)

You've got 2 variants of petrol in the A2. The 1.4 (75hp) or the 1.6FSi (110hp). There are also 2 variants of diesel, both 1.4. The 75hp model is the most common & the 90hp model is almost as rare as rocking horse doo doo.

ULP said:
Wotcha

Regards

El Stig...

hello and thanks for adding your recommendation to the a2. (it won out in the end - see the other post - picking one up on wednesday) :D

smarts...

Hi,

I too have come from Smarts. Had a mk6 coupe and a fortwo cabbie- had to sell due to work, but the audi reminds me of a elongated smart. Thought i recognised the sigs from the 'orange site'!!

Cheers Adam

Back