newbie here

NIC NAC

hello chaps new to the site :)
im looking around for a2 tdi 75 or 90 , which is best to get , would love the open sky roof , will have to have climate and dis display ,
currently have a 2000 1.8t a3 quattro sport which i will try sell or p/x
also why did they design the way the bonnet opens?
any help appreciated
thanks nik

A few posts on here say there is no real difference between them, but as posted on here not that many 90's available, so for the spec you are looking for good look.

They did the bonnet like that because the service's are long plus i think space.
Probably the wise ones(like skipton) on here will put me straight lol

ps welcome to the site, hope you find one

Cheers Phil

Since my arrival on this forum I've noticed quite a few people changing from some quite nice/quick cars to an A2. A sign of the times with the rocketing fuel/tax prices I guess? I myself moved from a Leon Cupra to a 1.4 petrol A2 (with 125BHP less) and have to say I don't regret it at all, and wish I had made the change sooner.

hello chaps new to the site
im looking around for a2 tdi 75 or 90 , which is best to get , would love the open sky roof , will have to have climate and dis display ,
currently have a 2000 1.8t a3 quattro sport which i will try sell or p/x
also why did they design the way the bonnet opens?
any help appreciated
thanks nik

I believe at the time, Audi said it was a concept to reduce the phobia of average driver of opening a bonnet to do the simplest of things like adding washer liquid or engine oil. E.g. my gf would never open a steel bonnet of ordinary cars because a) too heavy for her and b) The thought of seeing the engine with pipes is too scary, let alone trying to locate which cap is for which fluid. I think the A2's service flap is more user friendly, less intimidating and less dirt for your fingers.

Your 1.8t has potential to be very quick with small mods, although you're still stuck with a FWD unless you have quattro. But then there are lots of new Cupras running close to or more than 300bhp on a pair of front wheels... So if you want economy but still want fast , tdi 90 it is although it is kind of a rare car. 1.6FSI is quite nippy too but perhaps not as high mpg as TDI90. But your also have to work out miles per Pound as diesel prices is significantly higher these days.

Back