Newbie post

Hi Everyone,
Great site and a lively looking forum. Just traded in my 2002 A8 4.2 Quattro Sport for a 2005 A2 1.4 TDI 75 with only 19,000. What a fantastic little car. The more I drive it the more I'm impressed. Here's what I've gained and lost:
Lost
5 cylinders, 290hp, leather, playstation, dvd, parking crap, jealousy scrapes, £375 in car tax, 12 insurance groups, £350 in insurance premium

Gained
A turbo, an extra 50mpg, a smug smile

Believe it or not it's quieter than the A8 on the motorway at 70 (big tyres - very noisy) and shares a heck of a lot of cabin hardware.

My 9 year old son has named it JimBob and I'm looking forward to putting many happy miles onto the odo.:):):)

that's a big change of car, a trader friend recently had an A8 w12, amazing car, very quick but so thirsty and the depreciation was horendous:eek:
in reality an A2 is a much more sensible proposition:)

Couldn't agree more. I bought the A8 from a friend who had it as a company car. It went from £63000 (it was initially the Agnew Group owner's own car and had every option in the book) to £7500 (as a trade in) in 4 years! To be fair it had a reasonably high mileage (98,000) because my friend commuted quite a distance every day which killed any value left in it. Still, it was fun to have. Absolute missile. Kick it down at 60mph and you were well over the ton in 5 seconds :D. But I also occasionally saw 8mpg in town driving:mad:.

Welcome to A2 ownership and to A2OC!!

What a fantastic story and a great testament to anyone reading this thread and considering purchasing an A2.

In October I will have had my A2 for three years, and I have yet to be uninspired with the car or "bored" as it is so easy to become. You have definitely made the right choice.

Don't forget that if you do miss the extra punch of the A8 and the extra five cylinders, the TDI is ripe for tuning and the increased performance and driveabily is worth the expenditure.

Good luck and many happy years of motoring ahead.

Darren

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's plain to see how passionate A2 owners are about their cars. Glock17, I wonder how many are over here 'cos now I see them everywhere!

I think that the powers that be on the board should appoint a social co-ordinator for the island of Ireland.

Unfortunately I am leaving Ireland but reckon I would go to the social events if I get a new A2.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's plain to see how passionate A2 owners are about their cars. Glock17, I wonder how many are over here 'cos now I see them everywhere!

Quite a few now, passed a black/dark green one today on the A26 by Slaght, private plate X5 something. Wonder if he gets chased by BMW drivers flashing cash!

Cheers

glock17

Hi Everyone,
Great site and a lively looking forum. Just traded in my 2002 A8 4.2 Quattro Sport for a 2005 A2 1.4 TDI 75 with only 19,000. What a fantastic little car. The more I drive it the more I'm impressed. Here's what I've gained and lost:
Lost
5 cylinders, 290hp, leather, playstation, dvd, parking crap, jealousy scrapes, £375 in car tax, 12 insurance groups, £350 in insurance premium

Gained
A turbo, an extra 50mpg, a smug smile

Believe it or not it's quieter than the A8 on the motorway at 70 (big tyres - very noisy) and shares a heck of a lot of cabin hardware.

My 9 year old son has named it JimBob and I'm looking forward to putting many happy miles onto the odo.:):):)

Kept

Aluminium body :)

I see mostly silver, a few blue or black but notably a bright yellow and a bright red (presumably colour storms) in Belfast. The yellow one looks amazing. You wouldn't need to be shy though!

I see mostly silver, a few blue or black but notably a bright yellow and a bright red (presumably colour storms) in Belfast. The yellow one looks amazing. You wouldn't need to be shy though!

Hi Pizzapeetso,

Welcome to A2OC. I drive one of the black ones. I have been A2 spotting for a few years now and have spotted over 70 so far. I haven't seen the red Storm yet!

John.

Welcome to A2OC. I drive one of the black ones. I have been A2 spotting for a few years now and have spotted over 70 so far. I haven't seen the red Storm yet!

Hi John, Hope to see you on the road! I've seen the red car quite a few times parked on Boucher Crescent at the junction where Agnew Audi and Porsche are.

I've seen the yellow storm outside the gym by Finaghy station quite a few times.

Cheers

glock17

Back