Newbie purchases A2 this afternoon

Keithb

Newbie purchases A2 'pictures added'

Hello everybody, my name is Keith and this afternoon I bought my first A2.

It's a late 51 plate TDI SE in black, with 78k on the clock and in need of a little tlc (needs a damned good clay and waxing). I have a few questions about lots of odds and ends, but I'm finding the search function is answering most of them. :D

I'm going to mint it up tomorrow, so I'll post up some pictures of my new toy.

Great forum by the way, looking forward to becoming part of this A2 community.

Cheers, Keith :)

Last edited:
Welcome Keith

Welcome Keith to a great forum. Good choice of A2's. I to have have a black 1.4 tdi. Enjoy

Thanks chaps its not the perfect motor (very little service history, few scratches and a stuck cup holder!), but I took the gamble and I'm getting it fully checked over next week.

Something that did occur when I got home from my 40 mile return trip was it wouldn't start very well when warm/hot. Really random as well?! Just had a look about the forum and it could be a few things, if my garage chap can't shine light on the issue I'll take it to Audi (it'll all be covered in my 12 month warranty) ;)

Lovely motor though, such a step up the automotive ladder. We have a few cars in our household (98 Honda Prelude, 69 Riley Elf and a 02 Daewoo Matiz;)), and the A2 is sooooooo much classier than anything else I've ever driven.

The radio appeared to have the 'random volume problem' when I bought it, but its fixed itself on the way home! :D

Last edited:
O and can anyone point me in the direction of anyone selling DVD service manuals and OE owner manuals (so I can work out what all these buttons do!) ;)

Hi Keith,
Though I rarely post, I visit this forum daily and if there is anything you need to know about the A2, someone on here will put you right. I've had my A2 for a year and I know what you mean about that bit of Audi quality.
Enjoy, ST

Thanks ST, this forum is amazing I've managed to change my fuel filter and fit new headlight bulbs today because of the excellent guides found here. :D

Another Noob question, what does an Open Sky roof do/look like? My sunroof kind of opens once and then opens again, so most of the roof is open. A little wind deflector pops up as well, looks superb! :D

That is the open sky roof, a very desirable extra to have, we have one on ours and searched high and low for it, would not want to be without it now.
Enjoy

Open sky is only wonderful and desirable if its working fine.
Many seem to develop problems by the seems of it.

Newbie purchases A2 'pictures'

IMG_7212.jpg

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/burdonite/?action=view&current=IMG_7215.jpg

Hit next to see more. :)

Congratulations on your purchase! A particularly wise move with fuel now hitting £1.09 per litre in my parts.

Your A2 looks nice & shiny in your pictures, presumably after a lot of hard work with a clay bar & wax? Out of curiosity, which products do you use and where do you buy them?

Congratulations on your purchase! A particularly wise move with fuel now hitting £1.09 per litre in my parts.

Your A2 looks nice & shiny in your pictures, presumably after a lot of hard work with a clay bar & wax? Out of curiosity, which products do you use and where do you buy them?

Thanks I am enjoying the frugal fuel useage, and the exact reason why I bought the little fellow (putting £50 a week in my Honda was getting very tiresome). ;) :)

I use Meguiars products, Meg's NXT Gen Shampoo, Meg's Clay Bar system, and then Meg's NXT Gen Wax (fluid). Hehehe and the plastics are covered in Meg's NXT Gen Plastic and Vinyl stuff (Tyre sidewalls get the blueberry flavoured Meg's Tyre dressing) :D...yes I'm a Meguiars whore!

Back