Newbie with a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdiddy

Hi All!

I`m going to view an A2 tdi 90 se this weekend. I was just wondering if there are any differences spec wise between the 75 and 90 bhp tdi se models. Also are there any common faults or problems i should look for and any advice with regards to purchasing and owning the vehicle.

Any help much appreciated.

Thankyou, Phil.

A2 tdi se, hopefully, in the not to distant future

Um - well the 90 has disc rear brakes for a start. I think there have been a couple of posts on here which list the differences - try a search.

I would suggest checking that there isn't any rattle from the front suspension over irregularities in the road - the anti-roll bar drop links wear out fairly regularly, but are not expensive to fix.

Other than that, look at the spec - getting a CD player afterwards is a pain and expensive if you want an Audi unit. So try to get the extras you fancy! Heated seats, Bose and Open-Sky please! None of which I have :-(

Thanks for the info.

By the way have you tried finding one with all the extra`s you want? Its nigh on impossible, and a new one is out of the question as i feel they are too expensive, especially when spec`d up. Learn`t my lesson with new cars and depreciation on my last car!

yep - very very few out there with any decent amount of extras on, the ones that have people are hanging on to I think, judging from the ones for sale.

I got very lucky with one ordered in by my local audi garage as a demo, which arrived 3 weeks after they'd stopping taking new orders - if your budget can stretch to it, search the dealers for a new pre-registered one and save yourself a few k.

I got lucky with my A2 its only a basic one but came with rear bench and open sky. Only had 10k on the clock and cost £8995 now I think that was a good buy.

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

I`ve got one!!![23]

Viewed a dolphin grey (my colour of choice) tdi se this morning. It was a 75 not a 90 but i wasn`t to bothered. It has a symphony cd player, climate control and DIS, which is what i wanted. The missus wanted open sky but i couldn`t find one with it on ( its taken me a month to find this one).

Put a £500 dipper on it and will pick up either Monday or next Saturday (in the hands of the bank). Can`t wait!

Well done !
Welcome to the exclusive club.[24]

cheers

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

Great choice of colour. Only ever see silver or black round here. Not that I am knocking those colour's chaps!

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Cheers Andy.[24]

BTW its going to be Saturday, bloody banks and their 4 working days. I`m pretty sure it won`t take 4 days to go out once i`ve spent it.

Fairbrother, i wanted the grey because i think a) Its the best colour and b) You`re right, i have never seen one in my area, again mainly silver and black, but also see lots of cobalt blues. Glad i managed to find a grey though.

Cheers Phil

Congrats. Indeed a good colour choice (although I am a bit biased). Hope you enjoy the car.

Cheers, Richard.

5a5bpg

2005 A2 Tdi. Dolphin with red leather.
2001 RS4. Standard 380bhp.

CB was our first choice, which is the 'nicest' colour - but happy to find a Grey one, which was 2nd favourite, and is the most 'handsome' imo.. if that makes any sense ?

Given the choice I'd still prefer our old Merlot Red one but alas we had to settle for Ebony with a red interior.
Still never seen another Merlot A2.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

I must say that Rob's Merlot Red was a very impressive colour, and I don't normally like red cars. Almost as good in fact as Island Green!

Well I'd not even considered an A2 untill I was offered mine. At first I thought "what a funny little car" then I actually looked at it and then drove it. I now think we should get another one and get rid of the wifes Tigra, horrid hair dressers car that is.

A2 TDi Sport. Crystal Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back