Newbie With a Q

Hi all..
Just sold my SMART car and looking to go the way of the A2 TDi... got my eye on a 2005 TDI75 Special edition or a 2004 TDI90.. any views on where I should be heading? Both done the same sort of miles, condition etc and but I could get the newer TDI75 slightly cheaper... but I like the idea of the TDI90 as not many of them about (not that there are many TDI75's)

Cheers,

Hi personally i would go for the one with the better spec, but i would be tempted with the 90 but as listed on here not much to choose in performance
Let us know what you choose and welcome to this site

Cheers Phil

Same advice - go for the one with better spec/condition. If you get a tdi75 a decent remap can result in way more power than a standard tdi90. Also no worries about dual mass flywheel problems that the tdi90 is liable to.

I have a 2004 TDi Special Edition, and reckon it's the best version of the car.

Just my opinion mind, other opinions are available!

:D

Depends on what is important to you spec wise, generally I would always go for the latest car however in this case the prospect of a TDi90 would be tempting if the specs. are broadly similar. Like you I sought a TDi90 but settled for a 75 Sport with opensky and Alcantara amongst its options. With a remap i am highly delighted but if I see a highly specced 90 for sale will probably still go for it and offload the 75.

Got me Car at last..

Went for the 75 Special Edition in the end... lovely little car in Silver. Typically I find out today the company I work for wants to send me to Holland for 2 yrs :eek: will have to see what they offer me :) so maybe hold off on the bigger wheels...

Did you buy the one in Dorset that was on eBay? I had made enquiries about it and was going to fly down if it didnt sell this weekend - It didnt have the spec. I was after but looked a good honest car at a great price. if it is indeed one and the same you have a bargain - well done! ( '05 TDi Special Edition with 34k on the clock for around the 7k mark):)

Last edited:
Yep that was the one :) he did say something about a person coming from up North - was not 100% what I was looking for but like you said was an honest car with a decent price so thought what the hell. I'll probably just take it to Holland with me as I will come back one week a month and just see how it goes.

Back