SantfeKuss

Hi, first post.
Hopefully getting my 51 plate A2 1.4 TDI on mon/tues, should have had it today but insurance certificate delaying it. Sat in the local Audi dealer waiting for me :)
Anything I should look out for/tips etc.

Welcome to the club
I'd recommend reading the manual as theres lots of things that aren't that obvious at first.
Check the oil frequently and top up as needed, they do tend to use a bit. make sure you use the correct oil if on variable servicing.
I'm sure others will add to this list
Last buit not least enjoy.....

Hi
Welcome to the A2oc - we can do with a few more members from the north east.
One of the features of the tdi engine you may find a little strange is the diesel burning auxiliary coolant heater - used to improve the engine warm-up time and cabin heater performance. This fires up automatically and runs continuously at temps below 6C. It also continues its run down cycle even after the engine is switched off which can be a little disconcerting. You can however override it by pressing the 'econ' button on the climate control panel before starting the engine. This is useful if you just want to move the car a short distance without the heater going through its full cycle.
Check out the attached link for more interesting facts
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3512

Cheers Spike

Cheers guys, the ' diesel burning auxiliary coolant heater' sounds like the 'flux capacitator' to me :) This is awful, sat reading all about my car which I cannot yet drive :mad:

Mine has got the radio cassette head unit, would like the cd /radio, any idea how much ? Going to put in the Denison ipod adaptor in so may even keep the existing head unit. Or, been looking at the Pioneer DEH P70 BT or something head unit I may get, ipod ready and bluetooth for the mobile to work thro. Nice piece of kit, only £350, but the only downside is the colour when switched on,blue writing/light etc, would like it red to match the A2 but you cannot change it.
Richmond eh, carpeted the pub in Skeeby a couple of weeks ago :)
Getting mine from Teesside Audi, still on the website if you fancy a look :cool: What do you think, price etc ?

Back