no brake lights advice please

mikeee

hi ,it has come to my attention by my wife that we have no brake lights,(people keep beeping behind her),:)on closer inspection the fuse is ok and bulbs are good.any advice would be good!!!

1 = has any other fellow a2 owner had this problem
2 = is there anything else to check?
3 = or is it a trip to the wizard mike skipton, as i need a diagnostic because the heater/coil light flashes at me as iam driving along!!

many thanks mike

Since the brake lights don't work and the coil / glow plug light is flashing, I think (since this is the first time I have ever beaten Skipton01 to the mark!:D) this is a sign that the brake pedal switch has failed. If you do a search, there is a description of how to change it. It isn't too complicated. And from memeory the part is less than £30 from your local friendly dealer!

Cheers,

David

EDITED: link is here and cost is less than £20 :)

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8937&highlight=brake+pedal+switch

Last edited:
I haven't changed one on my A2 but have on my Arosa recently and as it was an audi/vw branded switch I suspect it may be the same. Take care to read the instructions carefully as you have to set up the length of travel on the switch, may seem confusing at first but follow the instructions and it is easy. I think it cost circa £11

Back