Non A2 threads....

Adrian888

A2OC Donor
Comparedw ith most other car forums I frequent this has to be the most product orientated. In other words there does not seem to be much 'chat' that is not A2 related. The Astra Owners Network has extensive non car threads going as does X Power ( MG ). Just an observation!

I guess that if people want to talk A2, they come here. If they want to talk other stuff, they go to the appropriate forums - I know I do (I wouldn't expect much interest in audio electronics to component level here!).

That's possibly one of the reasons for the A2OC being so popular amongst owners - we are all very focussed which is no bad thing.

Cheers,

Mike

And I've just registered on ZZR Group International, to get some info and background on the rebuild of my 450bhp per tonne monster!

Even so, the bike will be a weapon of last resort against the proposed Manchester Congestion Tax, sorry, Charge! The A2 is less to insure, less to run, less to tax and far more comfortable than the bike, and it keeps me cool in summer, warm in winter and dry when it rains - I love Tank!!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Adrian,

The new forum software allows to you create your own mini-discussion groups about anything and everything if you so desire (think Facebook). Just click on the Groups button on the link in the top menu bar. Members can choose to subscribe to your groups if they wish (and if you have created the Group to be publicly accessible). Give it a go!

As an aside, I keep a track of about 40 different sites on a daily basis covering topics ranging from typeface design, self-build, music production, local news and of course A2s. The beauty of most sites these days (including the A2OC) is that they can be read via RSS or Atom feeds, so I can stay up to date with them all via a single interface.

Ben.

Thanks Ben, could you translate the last bit into non IT language please...:confused:....!

It was purely an observation that some of the other forums I frequent have much more general chat going on.

Sorry Adrian - force of habit from working with Software Engineers all day.

When a website publishes an RSS newsfeed, it is a way to read all the latest news from the site without having to visit the website. Instead you read this information using a specially designed piece of software. This can either be a piece of software that you install on your computer that is designed to read these 'newsfeeds' (do a search for rss reader for dozens of example programs). Alternatively, you can use a web-based newsfeed reader (such as Google Reader http://www.google.com/reader).

The beauty of these pieces of software is that you can view all of the websites that you might keep up to date with in one place, without having to visit them all individually.

The Google Reader page will probably give you a better explanation of these things.

To add the A2OC newsfeed to your list of sites, click on this link:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/external.php?type=rss2

Ben

Back