Number Plate Lamps

I'm relatively new to this forum and I have noticed that one of my number plate lamps does not illuminate. Will I have to got to the local dealer for a replacement part? Or is it possible to get a 'similar' item from Halfords or the like?? Will it be easy to fit?? I am not very mechanically minded as you can probably tell.... Thanx for any advice!

Hi. All you should need to do is unscrew the two screws ,then the unit will come out,replace the bulb and all should be fine. Malcolm.

While you're at it, try to get some stainless steel replacement screws from B&Q etc (take one out and take it into the store to match it up) - the mild steel screws fitted from the factory are notorious for rusting and so expanding which cracks the plastic lenses, which means that they normally need replacing just as the warranty is ending!

Cheers,

Mike

Thanx lads I'll get on and do it ASAP before the coppaz pull me over!!!
Cheers! Skipton01 the cruise control is magic by the way!! Thanx again, have u still got the VAG-COM diagnostic from my car?? Can u mail me it if you have ???? Cheers Jimbo

It'll be there somewhere James - PM me with your chassis number so that I can tell which one is yours.

Cheers,

Mike

Back