Number plate lights rear

HUWS66

Just a note about the A2 rear number plate bulb holder it does seam to rust after a while this has been mentioned before, I have solution for us all with rusty A2 holders the holders on my A3 are the same but they have stainless screws in them and not mild steel typr that rust after a day, I have checked or swapped them for size and they fit fine hope this helps.:rolleyes:

I checked my number plate lights and they're rusty right enough, and the lights themselves have started to crack. I tried to take out the screws, but the screw heads just crumbled. How can I get the old screws out? (or is it a case of buying new lights plus additional stainless steel screws?).

If the cracking has not gone right through, you can get away with just using some stainless screws, available from B&Q for little more than a pound. You'll have to cut them to length though as they are too long.

If you need new lights, the bad news is that the lens is not available on its own - you'll have to get the full unit, bulb, black plastic parts and all.

The good news is that the lights are available readily rom dealers 8Z0 943 021 and are a very reasonable £6.77 including VAT

Cheers,

Mike

Back