Number plate lights

CWS

I’ve had my A2 for 3 weeks now and just realised that it doesn’t have any number plate lights! as you can see from the photo there is no lens or bulbs and on both side there is one snapped off screw. ?is it possible to replace the lens and bulbs? I have looked online to buy replacement but can’t find anything, any help is appreciate.

Chris

Attachments

• F4742D0A-3973-4532-B6E3-95D6484190C9.jpeg
    F4742D0A-3973-4532-B6E3-95D6484190C9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 122
I’ve had my A2 for 3 weeks now and just realised that it doesn’t have any number plate lights! as you can see from the photo there is no lens or bulbs and on both side there is one snapped off screw. ?is it possible to replace the lens and bulbs? I have looked online to buy replacement but can’t find anything, any help is appreciate.

Chris
Crew Audi @CreweAudi cab likely help

Bit odd that nobody had mentioned this to you while driving by, if I can safely stop I let other drivers know, if their brake light doesn't work, etc.
I recommend to jack the car up, or drive up on a ramp, make sure the ramp is suitable as most are too tall and touches the bumper of the A2, and have a look underneath. If the seller didn't tell you about missing lights, he/she might've didn't mention missing bits from underneath the car as well, like heatshields, engine cover etc.

Hi - quite a pain to fix this now if the screws have snapped as possibly have to strip tailgate panel and number plate panel to fit new ones as I have done recently- check forum for more details
Cheers Dave

on car parts for less but discount not working so a shade over £30 apair, perhaps we all need to buy buy buy!

I have only had the car a few weeks and not been out at night so no one would notice, I have had the car looked at and all seems okay so far, thanks for the advice.

chris

Back