Odd ABS/Brake issue

slammed 66

Ok so this is a little odd. I’ve had my 75 since feb and it’s been great but over the last few weeks I’ve had a mild abs issue. The car is on coilovers and is quite firm so I always just put it down to being somehow related to that.
occassionaly it would have the 3 warning lamps on the dash when you fired it up in the morning but turning it off then back on would clear this. However, with it cleared, you could feel the abs doing random things through the brake pedal. When the warning lights were on it would behave absolutely fine though.
at this point I thought “yeah, I’ll nip it to the garage one day…”
that obviously never happened and tonight when picking up one of my daughters, the pedal started going to the floor and losing all efficiency.
a quick release and back on would provide some effort but it quickly would go back to the floor.
I’ve checked the fluid reservoir and it’s up to the top so not losing fluid everywhere.
anyone got any suggestions as to what I should be looking at next?
Many thanks

Ok so this is a little odd. I’ve had my 75 since feb and it’s been great but over the last few weeks I’ve had a mild abs issue. The car is on coilovers and is quite firm so I always just put it down to being somehow related to that.
occassionaly it would have the 3 warning lamps on the dash when you fired it up in the morning but turning it off then back on would clear this. However, with it cleared, you could feel the abs doing random things through the brake pedal. When the warning lights were on it would behave absolutely fine though.
at this point I thought “yeah, I’ll nip it to the garage one day…”
that obviously never happened and tonight when picking up one of my daughters, the pedal started going to the floor and losing all efficiency.
a quick release and back on would provide some effort but it quickly would go back to the floor.
I’ve checked the fluid reservoir and it’s up to the top so not losing fluid everywhere.
anyone got any suggestions as to what I should be looking at next?
Many thanks
Get it scanned
Mac.

Back