Odd Noises When Warm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiona

United-Kingdom
Has anyone heard an odd noise when you touch the throttle when the A2 is warm? After I've been in traffic for a while - the joys of London driving - when I accelerate, I hear an odd noise, which I cannot really describe. It is not a crunching or grating rather a low hum, and only for a second or two. Hasn't always done it and I cannot locate where it comes from. Any suggestions?

Fi

2002 TDi Sport Cobalt Blue, winter pack, leather, rew

Yes, its very common - some round this forum call it the 'Bittern under the Bonnet'. Its a low pitch booming noise and is caused either by a valve, or the clutch biting. It only occurs on the diesel engine model, mine does it slightly when warm. Does anyone know if a fix has been developed by Audi yet? My only suggestion is turn the radio up!

Thanks. I thought the "radio turning up" solution was for the rattling from the rear seat, but it obviously has a variety of uses!

Fi

That's it!! Had much experience of muffled cows?

Fi

And that's just the driver!! Just been and had a look can't seem to locate the cow, where do they put it?

Fi

Unbelievably, they manage to fit it between the engine and the firewall (bulkhead). The A2 is just a tardis!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back