Oh this is just brilliant :)

It is my number 1 film of all time, I knew that they'd bought the rights to Zero Hour, but I hadn't quite realised the extent to which the two films were linked. It made my evening :)

There are only a handful of films that I watch again after seeing them.
Life of Brian, Holy Grail and Airplane I can watch over and over again.

It was on the third viewing of Airplane that I finally spotted that on the exterior shots of the plane in the air, the sound is from a propeller plane not a jet !!!!

Great films, all of them, but Airplane stands out because there is every reason not to like it and I LOVE it.

Steve B

I can't count the number of times I've watched it, I particularly remember two occasions though. The first was when I first watched it, aged 10 at the local fleapit, with my sister and dad. There was the usual B movie before the main picture in those days, and there was a film called something like Weredog, and I just remember it was a similarly bizarre comedy about a werewolf who kept changing at inopportune moments and rather than bite people he used to steal sausages from little old ladies.

The other time was my 40th Birthday when we hired the local arts cinema all the seats and got them to put on Airplane for me and my friends and family. It was perfect as a fun film for all ages, inoffensive (well mostly) and just good for a laugh!

"Joey, have you ever been in a mens locker room ..."

Back