Oil in Sparkplug hole.....AUA

Oskar

A2OC Donor
I have been investigating my 'start only on 2nd crank' issue, so wanted to have a look at my plugs

They are Bosch FR7LDC+, which are compatible, but not listed as 'standard'.

A set of NGK BKUR6ET10 are on the way, so all will be well....

All good, apart from cylinder 3, where I have oil in the sparkplug hole. It is not easy to see in the photos, but there is a bit in there.

The plug is still protected by the rubber, so all is well spark wise, however I will need to fix it at some stage.

I have investigated what is involved, and it is way more difficult than a gasket replacement, which I was expecting.
I should have done this when I did my cambelt, and don't want to really take all that apart again.

Not sure if this is the best design. Variable application of variable gunk.......
Planning to leave this for the time being, but happy to receive any experienced comments about this issue.

Cheers

Matt

Attachments

• Rubber.jpeg
    Rubber.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Oil hole.jpeg
    Oil hole.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Dry hole.jpeg
    Dry hole.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 37
I have been investigating my 'start only on 2nd crank' issue, so wanted to have a look at my plugs

They are Bosch FR7LDC+, which are compatible, but not listed as 'standard'.

A set of NGK BKUR6ET10 are on the way, so all will be well....

All good, apart from cylinder 3, where I have oil in the sparkplug hole. It is not easy to see in the photos, but there is a bit in there.

The plug is still protected by the rubber, so all is well spark wise, however I will need to fix it at some stage.

I have investigated what is involved, and it is way more difficult than a gasket replacement, which I was expecting.
I should have done this when I did my cambelt, and don't want to really take all that apart again.

Not sure if this is the best design. Variable application of variable gunk.......
Planning to leave this for the time being, but happy to receive any experienced comments about this issue.

Cheers

Matt
My TT had a cam cover leak for a coupe of years, and a little oil in the plug holes. Didn't cause any problems, only had it fixed a few months back.
Keep an eye on it for now, is my advice.
Mac.

I found oil in my cylinder 3, I removed the plug and poured in some brake cleaner and cranked over the engine which dispelled the oil.
Something I will check on in the future.
I`m still investigating a mis fire on this cylinder after replacing, spark plug, coil pack and injector.

Back