Oil in vacuum/turbo lines and N75

john-wingnut

Did some tinkering this morning to find that the turbo lines to and from the N75, and the N75 itself have oil in them.

Panicked, turbo is obviously about to fail.......... BUT

Did some reading around and it could be various other things, the majority mentioned something about the PVC (crank case vent) or too much pressure in the crank case or a failing tandem pump.

Would anyone on here agree with the above or have anymore info to bring to the table about how to check the above before I go forking out for a recon turbo!!!

John

Hi John
Ref the attached schematic, there is a pipe from the intake pipework to the N75. As the crankcase breather system also feeds into the intake pipe at some point its more than lilely the oil residue is from the breather.
I can't se it being the turbo as oil from damaged seals would only get into the charge cooler pipework which and I can't see any link to the N75 from there
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3530&d=1250978997

Cheers Spike

Yer i understand about the breather going into the inlet pipe, and that you get some residue from there.

You have the pre compressor feed to the N75 and then you have the pressurised feed, which comes off the compressor side of the turbo housing which goes to the N75 as well.

The feed off the inlet pipe is before the breather connection so oil shouldnt get sucked up through that, as its a return feed for pressure bleed off.

The only way for it to really get to the N75 is for it to go up the pressurised feed from the turbo, hence my worry re the seals....

Also there was a fair amount of oil in it, enough to drip out!!!

So im going to get a new one, clean out the hoses and put an oil can / inline breather filter on, then drive for a while and see what happens.

Also going to clean the intercooler out and clean the MAP sensor.

Thats my Sunday booked up lol

john

Back