Oil pressure switch connection .

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
IMG_20191211_142837.jpg

As per title, this thing snapped off the switch earlier, can it be taken apart so a fresh wire can be connected?

Should just be a case of releasing the terminal from the casing and getting a new terminal pin. However the whole terminal I’m sure you can get cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

received_2669321956514205.jpeg

When looking yesterday I found that very connector and noticed the difference as you can see with the one off the car.
I will take mine and hope its the same shape as mine at the Audi dealer.
Thanks for looking though Ed.

The part linked to above has the correct 1J0 973 081 number (part 23 on the following linked 7zap diagram) - by the look of the more detailed photos the bit sticking out of the side of the connector is for an additional moulding perhaps found on more recent iterations of the sensor - and shouldn't therefore prevent the connector from engaging with earlier versions as the core of the connector moulding appears to be similar ? Best of luck with this (it looks so flimsy compared to some connectors I wouldn't be surprised if I have to undertake this repair at some point).

View attachment 59674
When looking yesterday I found that very connector and noticed the difference as you can see with the one off the car.
I will take mine and hope its the same shape as mine at the Audi dealer.
Thanks for looking though Ed.

It will still fit, the oil pressure sensors in this age of VAG car are quite universal. I think I have a couple of spare connector also.

The part linked to above has the correct 1J0 973 081 number (part 23 on the following linked 7zap diagram) - by the look of the more detailed photos the bit sticking out of the side of the connector is for an additional moulding perhaps found on more recent iterations of the sensor - and shouldn't therefore prevent the connector from engaging with earlier versions as the core of the connector moulding appears to be similar ? Best of luck with this (it looks so flimsy compared to some connectors I wouldn't be surprised if I have to undertake this repair at some point).

FYI 1J0 is for a VW golf originally

Well that was a shock, drove to Bolton to pick up the part, arrived and low and behold it was only the plastic connector, no cable attached.
He said, we have the cable so I said ok, ill take that as well......came back with said cable , about two foot long with the tiny connectors on each end...............................How much all together mate I asked.....................................£14.00..!!!!!

No thanks pal, see ya.

Part in the link now ordered , should be here Sat.

Well that was a shock, drove to Bolton to pick up the part, arrived and low and behold it was only the plastic connector, no cable attached.
He said, we have the cable so I said ok, ill take that as well......came back with said cable , about two foot long with the tiny connectors on each end...............................How much all together mate I asked.....................................£14.00..!!!!!

No thanks pal, see ya.

Part in the link now ordered , should be here Sat.

What’s happened to your cable, the connector normally comes with the spade connector.

The cable you have mentioned sounds like a standard AG repair wire which have spades at both ends

What’s happened to your cable, the connector normally comes with the spade connector.

The cable you have mentioned sounds like a standard AG repair wire which have spades at both ends

My cable broke inside the connector so I cant even join it back up to the cable in the car, Thats why I wanted a new connector with a cable attached like the one in the link.

My cable broke inside the connector so I cant even join it back up to the cable in the car, Thats why I wanted a new connector with a cable attached like the one in the link.

Didn’t even realise it had the cable connected in the one I sent. It’s quite easy to add the cable either way just need the crimp the wire connector side and solder onto the old wire.

If you have any old wiper blades for a source of the spring steel strips, a terminal release tool is not too difficult to make.

I made a set but did not bother with the fancy handles so they are just like a pair of tweezers. They work fine

Cheers Spike

IMG_20191212_212939.jpg

Dah dahhhh, finally got it undone thanks to the last video,
Now to get a fresh piece of wire joined to the wire in the car.
I've read that if the wire is carefully wound onto each other a hot glue gun can be used to cover the joint, I don't have a soldering iron and I'm rubbish at soldering anyway.
I'm also now wondering what thickness of wire to use.

Back