Oil Warning Light

Naz2k5

Hey Guys,

My oil warning light came on the other day, so i opened the flap(with come difficulty) and topped up the oil. The level is now all good and ive started it and driven it about but the light won't switch off! I'm hoping i dont have to take it to Audi to reset this fault or is there a problem with the sensor? Tried searching the forum but didnt find any answers. Hoping someone can help again.

Thanks,

Naz

The red oil can warning (accompanied by 3 beeps) is for oil pressure so as ULP suggested, don't drive the car if this is illuminated.
The amber oil can with a wavey line underneath is for oil level while the same amber symbol with the word SENSOR indicates, you've guessed, a faulty oil level sensor. If the oil level on the dipstick is correct then I'd be comfortable to run the car with either of the amber lights showing but have it checked asap. Faulty level sensors seems to be a fairly common problem

Cheers Spike

wow

Thanks a lot guys, it was the amber light and said min i guess indicating low oil level...anyway 3 days later lights gone off by its self :D all good i suppose.

Thanks again,

Naz

Back