oil

Mr b

Has any other member noticed this?

When you check your oil and pull out the dipstick you can hardly see the oil next to the black plastic level, in older cars it was metal and easy to see

Has any one else noticed this

Mr b

Oil use

I have found the dipstick hard to read, but have noticed that I am using quite a lot of oil. Is that normal???
My car is a 1.4 petrol, on a 04 plate, but it only has 14500 miles on the clock

Hi

At least I am not the only one, you would have thought that Audi would have been aware of this and at least changed the from black plastic to a lighter plastic

As for using oil Audis do use a lot of oil it will state this in your hand book how much they use per miles

Mr b

Many have said before (myself included) that it is impossible to read the level from the black end on the dipstick. There is apparently another dipstick which has an orange(?) end which is easier to read which you can buy from Audi for not too much.

Oil usage also seems to be quite common. It doesn't seem to indicate a problem, more of an annoyance, particularly when you can't read the level on the dipstick.

I got an 04 Tdi,
it had an orange dipstick that was broken and replaced it with another of the same colour for £5.36 all in
a cheap fix if your up for it.

Back