Open Sky Information (Detailed)

A2 Brutus

Hello everyone,
As an avid fan of this site for many years I thought it was about time I made a contribution. I was always looking into repairing the Open sky system on my A2 and after watching the posts on this forum I searched the good ol 'ternet and found this site

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_378.pdf

It is quite detailed on the operation of the roof and has made me a bit more confident about removing the roof and repairing the mechanism.
I hope this is of value and if so I shall hopefully contribute more as and when I tackle this 'job'.
:)

Hi Brett,
Yes I appreciate it is only an 'SSP' but it all helps. The other posts have shown this is not something for the faint hearted and I guess once started has to be completed.
I have ordered the repair kit from Audi (they have 3 here!(part #8Z0 898 738 with an 'a' and 'b' part addition).
I will add photographs as and when I can. Looking at the weather at the moment I wont be rushing!(no garage!).

Could someone please explain to me exactly how the opensky works.

Do both glass panels open? If so how do you do this?

Thanks

Open Sky

Hi
I have just been through the whole chapter from broken to replaced. Like your self I have done research, more detailed info (at a price) is available from erwinsaudi.com(not100% this is correct)
I would defiantly have had a go with the repair kit The other route is a complete nightmare ( 3 headlining's ruined and replaced )
However heres a shocker The big 2k+ repair part from Audi If you look at the attached photo (the parts on the left) you will notice there is a significant part missing
Good luck you have nothing to loose

Back