Open Sky Repair & Audio Repair

OnlyAudiA2

Hello everyone --
It's about time I repaired my panoramic sunroof that hasn't been working for over 10 years. Can anyone recommend someone reliable and reasonable?

My back speakers are also not working... can someone recommend??

I'm based in London.

Thanks

Hello everyone --
It's about time I repaired my panoramic sunroof that hasn't been working for over 10 years. Can anyone recommend someone reliable and reasonable?

My back speakers are also not working... can someone recommend??

I'm based in London.

Thanks
@Kleynie is your man in the south for OSS repairs - he's over in Staines.

Re the rear speakers ... does your car definitely have them underneath the plastic grilles? Many early models (pre '51 plate) didn't.

Yes but can you see the speakers behind the moulded grille. That is what @Proghound is asking you. Taking the rear door cards off will ultimately confirm. Even quicker way to confirm if rear speakers are fitted is to pop off the tweeter grille beside one of the rear door handles. No tweeter = no rear speakers.

On a Y plate your car is certainly a candidate for having only the front speakers. Have you actually removed one of the rear grilles to check that there is a speaker there, and not just a hole or a flat piece of silver blanking? If not, a small screwdriver should get you behind one of the grilles (tweeter by the door handle or woofer in the pocket below) in a matter of seconds.

Re mechanical work, I have a local independent mechanic that knows the A2, his partner is fully Audi trained too.
He is noy expensive and VERY honest (as many on here that have used him will vouch)

he is based near junction 1 of the M3 and has loan cars if you need one.
His name is Gary and his number is 07958 326196. Normally I worry about recommending services like this but he is a star.

Steve B

Quicker to pop tweeter than try to get the carpet up, access panel off and all back together.

Yes but can you see the speakers behind the moulded grille. That is what @Proghound is asking you. Taking the rear door cards off will ultimately confirm. Even quicker way to confirm if rear speakers are fitted is to pop off the tweeter grille beside one of the rear door handles. No tweeter = no rear speakers.

...Can't you tell from my previous reply -- cars aren't my thing?!?! Can just about pop take off bonnet let alone the rear door card... Will get back to you.

On a Y plate your car is certainly a candidate for having only the front speakers. Have you actually removed one of the rear grilles to check that there is a speaker there, and not just a hole or a flat piece of silver blanking? If not, a small screwdriver should get you behind one of the grilles (tweeter by the door handle or woofer in the pocket below) in a matter of seconds.
I'm smiling at the fact that you think I know what a woofer or tweeter are (apart from dogs and birds)... Will get back...

Re mechanical work, I have a local independent mechanic that knows the A2, his partner is fully Audi trained too.
He is noy expensive and VERY honest (as many on here that have used him will vouch)

he is based near junction 1 of the M3 and has loan cars if you need one.
His name is Gary and his number is 07958 326196. Normally I worry about recommending services like this but he is a star.

Steve B
Thank you Steve -- your say-so comes highly recommended.

Back