opinions on yellow storm

andyboy

i just found a yellow colour storm for sale, i thought that's an unusual fella, showed it to the wife and she loves it.
question is will it be a piggy to sell on one day, it sure is different but also looks kind of cool/sporty.
opinions please:confused:

ps. can someone elaborate on the rough spec of the storm cars?

Last edited:
Go for it AndyBoy
i think the yellow colour storm looks Ace
would be nice to see one hanging around these parts .....

If you like the yellow go 4 it :D
You will never lose it at the Trafford Centre, Riverside or whereever, I personally like it, my wife does not :eek:

If you like it go for it

However a couple of things to take into consideration. A dealer of any kind will offer you less due to the colour. He will criticise the colour and say "if it was a met grey i could have offered you more" but he will also say that if you have a met grey, and simply replace the colour in the quote. ITs just that with yellow you will have less of a come back, He will also sell it for more saying its a limited run colour. So you won't win on the deal buying or selling with unusual colours.

In 20 years time it will be worth more that the met grey, met Black and met silver ones around, because of its rarity.

I would go for what you like and if yellow is your thing, get it:D

The black/yellow combination looks great....you just need to like yellow. :)

Is the car in question the one with the Stratstone dealer chain? Its been for sale for a few weeks, despite being a grand cheaper than comparable grey/black/silver A2's that they have had for sale/sold over the last month.

Don't overlook the safety aspect either. I nearly collided with a a grubby silvery grey Citroen that appeared out of my blind spot on a roundabout the other day, on a grubby silvery grey sort of morning! The damned thing was almost camoflaged.

I'm sure that would not have happened with a bright yellow car.

Worth a thought!

another argument : at least here in Belgium, you get a rebate from some insurance companies if you have a flashy colour. (well, maybe not with a Gallardo...)

Is the car in question the one with the Stratstone dealer chain? Its been for sale for a few weeks, despite being a grand cheaper than comparable grey/black/silver A2's that they have had for sale/sold over the last month.

that's it, i just sold mine and wanted something diesel and a bit more unusual, i like yellow but don't want to be stuck with it forever:( or give it away cheap at sale time:confused:

Don't overlook the safety aspect either. I nearly collided with a a grubby silvery grey Citroen that appeared out of my blind spot on a roundabout the other day, on a grubby silvery grey sort of morning! The damned thing was almost camoflaged.

I'm sure that would not have happened with a bright yellow car.

Worth a thought!

John H is right, yellow is meant to be the safest colour of car i.e. most visible (at one point this was the reason for Aberdeen City Council changing the colour of all their vans from dark red to bright yellow). I think it looks great any way.

Yes, go for it.....I've got a blue SE in colour storm scheme, they look great! I tend to buy stuff thats a little different, thats why I went for an A2 and even more so Colour Storm spec :D (not to mention the wife :D )

If anything I bet it will hold its price better over all the others, just cos its a bit different. Whatever you do you cant go wrong, IT'S AN A2!!

eef

Safety aside, it really can affect a cars value - I once had a chat with an Audi business manager about an S3 which was specced up in yellow, with yellow leather. The manager told the customer that he would lose out on the resale value and sure enough, the book price was £3k more than he achieved when he came to sell it 3 years down the line.

Cheers,

Mike

If thats the case, go for it! It will be worth its weight in a few years time if you are keeping it for a looong time

i'm guessing it's a 75bhp? not that i'm too worried but a 90 would make it extra interesting, plus if it's been on the forecourt a while it would only get 7 of my hard earned thousands:)

ps. anyone selling a tdi in the near future let me know, budget's around 7ish k for a good car.

I have an Imola Yellow fsi Colour Storm & personally I think it's the best colour to have! It looks fantastic in any light / weather and every other A2 driver I've passed does a double take when they see it!

I have only seen 1 other yellow A2 on my travels in the UK since I got mine last September (and that wasn't a colour storm!), but I was in Ingolstadt last week and saw 8 of them in the space of 1 hour (compared to 2 blue and 1 red storms, and about 1000 grey standard A2!) - those Audi employees know a good thing when they see it.

If you like it, buy it!

I've got a nugget yellow VW corrado,its got 75k on it and its 19 years old.
THe A2 yellow one will be a classic in the making.
And yes I would buy one for sure.:D
Jealous if you do??
Yes I would be and you could always sell it to me in the future:)

l_3a8ff962053ae7129177692500f3e092.jpg

Last edited:
I'd buy a yellow one, but then again I painted my black TT Roadster Lotus Norfolk Mustard !

just had a look at that car.62k on it
some adverts say its a 90 some say its a 75
also the tailgate looks a different colour?:confused:

I've got a nugget yellow VW corrado,its got 75k on it and its 19 years old.
THe A2 yellow one will be a classic in the making.
And yes I would buy one for sure.:D
Jealous if you do??
Yes I would be and you could always sell it to me in the future:)

l_3a8ff962053ae7129177692500f3e092.jpg

Very nice rado, are they 2pc 001 BBS wheels or similar? Very nice:)

Back