Optional extras fitted by Audi

rktec

Hi All,

I have been searching the forum to find out the success/experience of members when getting Audi to add any of the VAG optional extras - aftermarket?

(As I still cant find the exact A2 I want)

So I began to wonder if it might be useful to have a one stop thread for all . . . such as (and in no way limited to);

• CD Multichanger
  • Retractable boot floor
  • Alternative head units/speakers/Bose
  • Cruise
  • Front Fogs
  • Electric windows
  • Zenon's
  • Rear bench seat
  • sports seats
  • rear discs
  • xenons
  • etc etc . . .

Please add to this list if you can.

Cheers,

Mike will be your man to advise you on this, but some of it will be easy and some very difficult, some unnecessary.

• CD Multichanger

Expensive (needing a new boot side trim before you start), time-consuming and un-necessary - get an iPod and interface for half the price and a quarter of the fitting time.
  • Retractable boot floor

If you mean the false floor, then it'll be about the £200-250 mark and requires some trimming of the existing carpets. Best to get an SE spec car with this already in place.
  • Alternative head units/speakers/Bose

Alternative heads are easy and as cheap as you want them to be. Bose is great but expensive unless you get the parts from Ebay Germany - the sub alone is £175! Time to fit Bose - measured in days!
  • Cruise

Not a doddle for the novice, but do-able. I offer a fitting service, backed up with a 2 year warranty and many members can vouch for my work.
  • Front Fogs

Not that tricky, VagParts.com do a full kit for about the £200 mark. Fitting will take about 4-6 hours.
  • Electric windows

Can be done, but not for less than £800 when you take new door cards into account. Best to find an example with them fitted.
  • Zenon's

Quite easy and getting cheaper, although strictly speaking, you will need self levelling and washers too to be legal, so the whole package is pricey and time consuming. This is my current project.
  • Rear bench seat

Almost impossible, as a different floor pan is used apparently.
  • sports seats

Easy, as the front seats just pop out by undoing 4 bolts and the electrical connectors. New ones just go straight in. Get leather ones (TT fits I believe) and you're looking at £400 or so, good condition second hand.
  • rear discs

You'll need new hubs and all the associated piping and wiring. Not really worth the hassle, as you only use about 10% of the rear brake potential anyway.
  • xenons

See 'Zenons' above!
  • etc etc . . .

A few you left out were auto dipping mirror, heated mirrors, parking sensors, RNS-E and heated seats.

The first two are easy, the rest are more tricky, but I have done them all!

Cheers,

Mike
Please add to this list if you can.

Cheers,[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Have you any original parts left Mike?

When I hear of Tank, I think of Trigger from Only Fools and Horses when he talks about his road sweeping brush which is 15 years old. Mind you, he has had to get 8 new shafts and 4 new heads in that period!

My God, thanks for that - seems like most are difficult to do and preferrably get the one you want with the spec you want!!!

Where do you find the time to do all this Mike?

However I think I will be getting the False boot floor and foglights for starters - would prefer to find teh car with all of this on but sometimes its not quite that easy :( especially if its a 90brake model you're after.

A couple of options like the Zenon's and Bose seem to be just too much trouble, but then again - hat's off to you for the work you do to yours, your good lady must be a very patient and understanding woman indeed!

Thanks again,

Chris.

Smick said:
Have you any original parts left Mike?

When I hear of Tank, I think of Trigger from Only Fools and Horses when he talks about his road sweeping brush which is 15 years old. Mind you, he has had to get 8 new shafts and 4 new heads in that period!
Most things are original, just added to over the course of time, such that the only things not on Tank, that were on the original options list are a tow bracket and headlamp washers and I'm working on the latter!

Cheers,

Mike

Auto dipping mirror..

Hi

I tried to search for auto dipping mirror but I didn't com up with much. Is that only a software implement with Vag-Com?

Regards

Leffe

Pysslan said:
Hi

I tried to search for auto dipping mirror but I didn't com up with much. Is that only a software implement with Vag-Com?

Regards

Leffe
No, it's a new mirror - electrically powered and photo-reactive.

Cheers,

Mike

chucknaldo said:
Ooh Mike you're such a tease... ;)

When is it ready? My left arm is (literally) aching with anticipation.
I need to know that my bracket will last before offering it for sale, so I'm going to give it a couple of months or so yet.

Also, I'm trying to source a suitable trim piece to cover up the exposed bottom - you can just see it in the photo.

When these are sorted, I'll be having kits made for sale.

Cheers,

Mike

Going back to Audi optional extras, what i find strange is that how rare it is to find a silver A2 with red leather?

I have seen quite a few black specced ones which do look great but silver/red looks sweet too!

I think skiptons A2 is the only one i have seen with Bose/open sky/red leather which is the spec i searched for but never found.

Back