p/steering problem

monty315

hello everbody,i am new to the site and i was wondering if someone could please help,i have just bought a 2004 1.4se a2 acident damage which is 3/4 finished from a mate the problem is he has changed the p/s pump (due to being broke in crash) but still not working plus the abs and esp warning lights are on the car run great and the brakes are fine so please any answers in what i should try next cheers..

As the ABS control unit is in the same area as the power steering pump, I suspect a wiring loom problem in this area. I have just rebuilt a similar loom after having increasingly intermittant problems with my own power steering.

Check the earths in the area and also check fuse 38 (easily done by seeing if the hazard switch illuminates). Also check the 80A fuse in the passenger footwell compartment.

If you are near Manchester, pop over and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Mike

hi mike thankyou for your answer,the abs pump doesn't look to have been touched i have changed no 38 fuse that was broke but didn't no about the one in the pass foot well so i will check 2 morrow.
thankyou mark.

But even if the fuse in the footwell is duff, that wouldn#t explain why the ABS and ESP errors occur. I still think you have a loom/earth fault. I presume you have done a diagnostic?

Cheers,

Mike

Back