Paint help ....

Jashper

Anyone know what the paint code/colour is for my 17"ers?

I've been soooo careful and still scraped the b****rs ....

I'm hoping just to touch them up rather than cough up £80 a time for a refurb ..

Guys ? ... Gals? .. anyone ...?

cheers

Andy

the paint I have been told could be 1 of 2 silvers, my 2003 (52) plated A2tdi sport is Avus silver, ask your local audi parts department & they will tell you,

Hi Jashper
There was a similar question re 16" wheels covered in the attached thread
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3558
As tdiman said, 'Avus silver' and 'Silver' appear to be the most likely colours.
By trawling through the combination of car models and build years ( try 2004) on the listed US web site I found that Crystal Silver was a popular wheel colour so you could also check that for a match

Cheers Spike

When I enquired about getting my wheels repaired the guys at Wicked Wheels said that the TT style wheels, the ones on the sport, are a b****r to finish, all the others not a problem! I think I may have quoted what he said in an earlier post about alloy wheel repair?

My Audi garage damaged my wheels on my second A2 with 17" rims. They attempted to have the wheel resprayed - but the quality of finish was very poor. It was a rough textured paint that could simply be peeled off using a fingernail. I imagine that appropriate preparation would have provided a better finish. They will always look resprayed though.

Ben

Back