Paint Question

rdufton

Just wondering if anyone has any advice/experience of removing scratches from their A2 and if they would recommend the likes of a touch up pen for this.

Basically someone :confused: decided a couple of months ago that my A2 needed a single go-faster stripe down the drivers side and ran a key/coin whatever down her from nose to tail....:mad: I have used Autoglym Super Resin Polish recently which has improved it to some degree but the scratch is a couple of milimetres wide in places and may need more than this. Also it appears to be much less effective on the plastic front panel. Any suggestions gratefully received - at least it is plastic and aluminium so it wont rust eh!

Thanks
RDufton

Hi RDufton
If the scratches are not too deep you may be able to polish them out with a mild paint abrasive like T.Cut. I'm not sure if Brilliant Black has a clear lacquer top coat so you need to be careful not to rub through this ( or the black paint finish if it does not)
From my experience with touch up pens, I find they are ok for stone chips and other small blemishes but not for scratches. If the scratches won't polish out then find a franchise like Chips Away that can touch in without painting the whole panel. Car dealers use these companies all the time and will probably recommend a local firm if you don't already know someone suitable.

Cheers Spike

Cheers... I will keep on with the Autoglym and see how it goes... If not then I will check out one of the Chips Away type places. Just wish I knew why people do this kind of thing... Can't see what they get out of it :mad: Nothing in it for them just cost to me!!

rdufton said:
Cheers... I will keep on with the Autoglym and see how it goes... If not then I will check out one of the Chips Away type places. Just wish I knew why people do this kind of thing... Can't see what they get out of it :mad: Nothing in it for them just cost to me!!

The world has become a rotten place. Would this have happened 50 years ago? Not that likely I think. People have lost the respect for others. Morons.

Back