part number and help?

welshguy

Hi guys,

My drivers electric window is playing up =(

Sometimes it opens and closes fine, but more likely it

either wont open at all,
will open fine then refuse to close,
or open ok then close slowly at staggered closing,

the only way i can close the window then is by holding close on the key fob.

I'm guessing it's not the motor because the window opens and closes fine, but a problem with the switch itself. All the other windows open fine, just the drivers side, probably because that's had the most use.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it? if anyone has a part number for an a 4 window switch then let me know, with any ideas about prices?

Also, i've been looking into getting another key for my car because it only came with the one...when i spoke to ausi they wanted stupid money but said if i got a fob they could program it for me, but i would have to find a key that came from an A2 because no other keys will work? this true?

Just wondered what the part number would be so when i look for one i'll know? would be for a 2000 year A2 =)

Cheers guys
Huw

Huw,
I think this is the part number 8Z0959851D 5PR,this is the four switch block. Dont have a clue re price though.
Alan

Alan is pretty much spot on, but the number is 8Z0 959 851B 5PR and the price is £33.38

As for the key, the metal blade, together with the transponder chip and part of the black housing (the other part comes with the alarm fob), costs £61 and the part number is 4D0 837 246B. So, apart from the coding and cutting, the cost is reasonable.

Cheers,

Mike

cheers for the help, will try the window reset thing to see if this works.

With regards to the key though is the key specific to the A2? and is that part number just the key and transponder end, and doesn't include the remote buttons?

Huw

Just opened up my key and the part number on the button half is

8Z0 837 231/3X5029

433.92 mhz

Is there a seperate number for the key half?

couldn't find any of the above part number on ebay.lol

cheers for the help, will try the window reset thing to see if this works.

With regards to the key though is the key specific to the A2? and is that part number just the key and transponder end, and doesn't include the remote buttons?

Huw

My previous post does say that the part number is only for the blade and 'top' half of the black housing - no electronics. It is not A2 specific.

Cheers,

Mike

Alan is pretty much spot on, but the number is 8Z0 959 851B 5PR and the price is £33.38

As for the key, the metal blade, together with the transponder chip and part of the black housing (the other part comes with the alarm fob), costs £61 and the part number is 4D0 837 246B. So, apart from the coding and cutting, the cost is reasonable.

Cheers,

Mike
There must be two part numbers for that. One for all models until MY2002 and one for 2003 and newer models with soft paint on the switches. (You talking about the switches, right?)

Last edited:
8Z0959851B 5PR is for pre 2003 and 8Z0959851F 5PR is model year 2003 and newer (from 10/2002 until 2005).

Hi Erstens,

You are quite correct with the part numbers, however, the original poster has a model year 2000 A2, which is why I quoted the 'B' part.

Cheers,

Mike

My previous post does say that the part number is only for the blade and 'top' half of the black housing - no electronics. It is not A2 specific.

Cheers,

Mike

So i have to buy the top half (because only a specific part will work?) and use any bottom half? (with the same frequency im guessing.

Sorry I just want to get it right. :)

So i have to buy the top half (because only a specific part will work?) and use any bottom half? (with the same frequency im guessing.

Sorry I just want to get it right. :)
No, you need to buy the top half as previously described and the bottom half needs to be 8Z0 837 231 01C - £43.60.

Cheers,

Mike

Back