Part number for fault 17439

alex_rsa

Hi,

Wondering if somebody can help. I am getting a 17439 code on a 1.6 FSI and after checking the rod on the vacuum actuator has snapped.

Does anyone have the part number for this part as I am trying to buy a used part?

Thanks

Alex

If it's a case of replacing the whole vacuum unit, then the part number is:

036 129 061A and it's about £70 new from a dealer.

Cheers

Mike

Dont wish to stress you out, but I had a similar problem. If its the same plastic rod which connects the vaccum unit to the inlet manafold then it might not just be the plastic rod you need to replace.

Please bear in mind, there is a know fault where the inlet valves freeze up and stick, therefore the plastic rod that drives them snaps.

Before you replace the rod, make sure whatever the rod connects to is moving freely, otherwise it will just snap again.

I had to have a lot of work done in the garage (I couldnt do it myself) to correct the fault and I have seen at least one other post in here on the same issue.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8098

Really hope this is not the issues you have

Good luck

I plan to strip down the manifold, I assume the plastic rod has snapped because the flaps have jammed I am just hoping the flaps are just gummed up and not broken.

Alex

I think you will find the flaps are gummed up, the strip down didn't really throw up any surprises for me, although you need to be firm when removing the lower intake, the injectors are quite tight on the o rings. just gentle and firm wiggling got me there. A good workshop manual will help.

shout up if you get stuck - I found it really satisfying doing 100's of £ worth of work for virtually nothing!

good luck

Back