Part number help - Yaw Rate Sensor

GrayB

Bless me Father, for I have sinned - it has been many months (or years?) since my last A2OC post!

We have been preoccupied with buidling a house, buying and enjoying an aging Lexus LS400 and more recently a 996Turbo - while the A2 has just been trundling around perfectly happily. Until last week! Then the Skid Control system decided to activate one of the front brakes while I was in the middle lane of the M1 in driving rain. This was then followed by lots of warning lights and bongs - though happily the brake was released. It reset after a short stop but then went again 3 or 4 times during the day - all in heavy rain.

On returning to the office on Thursday, my neighbouring garage had a good look and read the fault codes as being:
01542 - Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
57-10 - Electric Circuit Failure - intermittent
01542 - Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

We have previously had the odd spurious ABS sensor warning in wet weather, so I wondered if this was connected, but the garage say the wheel sensors and wiring all look ok - plus no fault codes for them.

So, the feeling here is to try getting a 2nd hand yaw rate sensor and substituting that. Are we on the right track, do you think?

If so, I need some help checking the part number for the Yaw Rate Sensor. I discovered this morning that my old copy of ElsaWin got uninstalled during a HDD crash a few years ago. It wasn't keen on reinstalling this morning - demanding a copy of Acrobat 4 and nothing else! I wondered if it might be quicker if some kind soul could look up the part number for me - if I PM the chassis number etc?

Cheers in anticipation!
Graeme

PS: I have just noticed that I joined the forum in September 2004! Wow, that must mean we've had the car 8 years...

Last edited:
Thanks Spike. I found that thread on Friday, which is what inspired me to try to get a 2nd hand sensor. I just wanted the part number so that I could be sure of getting the right one.
If all else fails I guess I can get the garage to uncover the old one and we can read the label on that. I was just hoping to avoid some labour costs - without actually getting my hands dirty! Don't really have anywhere handy to work on the car myself either, not with the rain we've been having.

I have one of these from my breaker, once you find out your part number let me know and we can see if we match if your interested.

Cheers,
Rob.

Ref your earlier post, assumed your car was new in 2004.
Current P/n for early yaw sensor is 1J0 907 657A

Cheers Spike

Ah, brilliant! Thanks, Spike.

We bought the car with 50,000 miles already on the clock in September 2004, just over 3 years old. I think it was £6500 or there abouts. It's now done 123K miles. I think we may be keeping it for an indefinite time, as it is a perfect antidote to the other cars...

Back