Petrol Turbo conversions?

shao_khan

Past Member
Anyone know if any of the German tuners have offered this for the A2 or anyone know of a car thats been done?

Looks like plenty space under the bonnet, doesnt need to be huge power increase - but I feel if you could get around 140 - 150 out of the 1.6 it would make it a far better driving experience when you feel like planting your foot.

Anyone know if any of the German tuners have offered this for the A2 or anyone know of a car thats been done?

A 1.6 T-FSI hasn't been done here before AFAIK (in Audis, VWs, Skodas or Seats).

But a 1.6 FSI turbo conversion should be feasible, however I presume the 1.6 engine block being structurally be a bit on the weak side for more than 150 HP.

Thus a much more sophisticated and also more powerful solution would be a 1.8 T implementation including different gearbox/clutch/suspension/fuel tank. This 1.8 engine block is very rugged and almost indestructible.

The following thread, dealing mainly with 1.4 turbo conversions, does also show links to the German 1. 8 T custom project (translated). It will be finished next spring, Only small things left until the TÜV approval can be succesfully finished.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5679

So any A2 petrol turbo conversion will be very expensive because of our electronically controlled throttle. Several thousands of Euros must be budgeted. The brakes have to be adopted as well.

P.S: The FSI technology will most probably lose efficieny if combined with a turbo.

Thanks. A 1.4 TSFI solution has been suggested to me by a local tuner, as they thought turbo charging the 1.6 would be costly and difficult. A 1.4 TSFI should be good at 170bhp - I dont want a lot of power - just 30 or 40 more would be nice.

THanks again for the link :D

I joked about this with the missus, bolting the manifold/turbo on with an FPR of some kinda, not a lot of room under the front tho so the FMIC/Chargecooler might be an issue...

Needless to say the idea didnt go down well with the missus, cant think why, probably something to do with my other cars...

Rather than a turbo how about a supercharger ? "Rotrex" superchargers are getting good press. I believe TTS Performance in the UK are agents.

Cheers

Simon

i favour my plan posted weeks ago, drop in a 150pd golf diesel engine(plenty at the scrap yard), remap to near 200bhp/300lbs ft, 50ish mpg and 145mph.
a bit heavy up the front but who gives a fig, feel that torque:D wheelspin at 70mph in the wet anyone:p

Back