Photos From The Social At Folkestone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure everyone will be posting car photographs, so I thought I would add a group shot of those cold and wet mortals who faced the challenge of attending the social. It was a great experience seeing six A2 in convey from Maidstone down to Folkestone, but it was something else watching thirteen A2 cruise along.

http://www.cloverleaf.uk.net/images/a2social.jpg

To Stuart I’m sure we all express our thanks for him organising the event, although to be honest my hero was “Frido” in coming all the way from Germany – no doubt at great expense. Other true enthusiasts travelling long distances were Lee from Bristol, together with Lukus who I recall drove down from Preston.

Roll on the summer is all I can say.

Regards
John Disdale

I have to congratulate Stuart on organising todays social. With the exception of the weather, a great day was had by Kim & myself. It was nice to finally put faces to names.

As JD said, seeing all the A2's in convoy was a sight to behold - as were some of the looks we got from passing motorists.

I have some piccys and video footage which I'll email to Stuart so he can choose the best.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

My photos are online now!!

If you want me to add yours, please send them to me.

Glad everyone had a good time and sorry that some people weren't able to make it, but there will be another social soon - hopefully with better weather!

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Just arrived back home from the social. Great to have met everyone.

Just seeing one other A2 on the road is cause for celebration, being part of a convoy of first 6 and then 15(ish) was a great rush! From my position towards the back it was great to see the convoy snake in and out of roundabouts and away along the road in front of us. Did anyone else spot the girl in the fiesta waiting at one of the islands. She was laughing and waving as we drove past. Or the guy in the Range Rover with his jaw dropped below the dashboard.

Great fun and great people. Thanks again Stuart. Glad to see youre contemplating another social soon.

John (& Mary) Imber 2003 1.4TDI SE, metallic silver, open sky, black leather /alcantara, Bose, ECC, DIS, Winter pack, mud flaps

What a great day! We've been to loads of car club meets in the past but never enjoyed one quite as much as today. Just good to meet and chat with people not worried about who has the biggest exhaust or the best stereo but a genuine interest in each car on its own merits.
Nice to put faces to names at long last!

Lets start to plan the next one:D

Isn't there an Audi National Event? And finally thanks to Stuart for the day out;)

2002 1.6 FSI Azure Blue DIS Blue Interior

By the way, does anyone know who won the raffle at the pub?!!

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest

Hi, finaly got home at 6:30 as you all know I left first at 3:00, It rained till Reading (The weather in Bristol was fine all day).

It was a great day nether-the-less, it was good to put faces to names.

For info..
I did 402 miles and didn't fill up till I got home and then could only squeeze 30litres in. It may be a small tank but its got alot of miles in it (average 70mph) This is about 60mpg.

Sheridan and I would like to thank all for the good time we had and Stuart for all his hard work in setting it up. Thank you

Less rain next time please:)

Last.
What Raffle?

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

Well - if it was cold and wet and we still enjoyed ourselves.....then I can't wait for the next one! It was a real hoot to see a convoy of A2's snaking around and to watch the faces of those we passed. Next time let's see what 50 A2's can do! When's the Audi National Event? We need to be represented!

Great to see you all - now I can say I survived the 1st Audi A2 Social.

Take Care

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

Stuart

Would it be possbile for you to put some names above peoples heads on the group picture, so that people who were'nt there can see who is who.

Thanks

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

That's my forehead - third from the left!

Needed a photo to prove to her indoors I wasn't off with the other woman so thanks John D - saved my life!

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

Great Day. Thanks very much Stuart.

Think the best part was being able to put faces to names. Makes a huge difference reading everyones posts now - dont you think?

Kaine

I was thinking about putting names to faces on the photos but I will undoubtedly get it wrong, so...all that were there, please count in from the left and tell me which number(s) you are and who you are and I'll add it to the photo!

I'm 5th from the left, with the beige jeans on. Kim is next to me. She's the one with the funny coloured hair.:D

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Firstly a big thank you to Stuart for all the hard work & time for organising the social. We really enjoyed the day despite the weather - as luck would have it we just about saw the Sun on the way home.
Pleased to see more red leather interiors!

Does anyone know the origin of the name Cat & Custard? What a buffet for £5!

I am 4 from the right with the specs and pale green sweater under a black coat. Natalie is 5 from the right with the blond hair.

Many thanks,

Mervyn

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, Tinted Security Glass

I'm 13th from the left (Lee)the girlfriend is 11th from the left (Sheridan).

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

Stuart
Thanks very much for a good day thanks you for making all the arrangements had a good day and enjoyed the convoy
hope to see everyone soon
take care
Andy
1.4 tdi se cobalt blue (A2OC0149)

A.D.Simmons

I've added as many names to faces as I can remember, but I am still missing a few - please can you remind me if you are one of the blanks on the website: http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/meet.htm

Please don't be offended if yours is one that I've forgotton!!

Thanks for putting the names to faces, Stuart. Along with a2day's thread about what we all do, it makes the forum that much more personal :)

Now, if I were better looking, I'd suggest having little pictures of ourselves as our avatars on the forum... ;) Perhaps our cars would be less traumatic...

--
m. Azure Blue 2003 1.6 FSI SE | OpenSky | ECC | DIS | Isofix | ERW | Symphony II (duff) | Space-Floor-Box | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View thingy...

Stuart,

I think No10 & NO12 are Mr & Mrs John Imber. But don't take my word for it as I'm terrible with names.
Have to agree that it is so nice to get a reply from someone who you've finally met and can put a face to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back