Not open for further replies.

Skipton01

Admin Team
A few photos of the New Tank for your delictation:

A201.jpg

A202.jpg

A206.jpg

A207.jpg

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), all round tinting and retro-fitted cruise control.(The NEW Tank). Black headlining and retro-fit Bose coming soon!!!

You've linked to your C drive. The piccies need to be uploaded to the net & then linked to from there

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Ok, here goes again:

That'll do for now, I'll post some more detailed ones of the mods if people want them.

NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), all round tinting and retro-fitted cruise control.(The NEW Tank). Black headlining and retro-fit Bose coming soon!!!

It's actually an XDA 2i on the dash, in a custom holder, which is powered and also supplies power to the bluetooth GPS receiver (just visible behind the XDA).

I'm running TomTom 5 on it and it's absolutely brilliant. Positioning the phone here makes it just on the edge of your line of sight, meaning less time with your eyes off the road.

I'm going to try wiring it up to the stereo system soon, so that it automatically cuts the music when a call comes in, and the sound comes out of the cars speakers.

Cheers - I'm very proud of my A2!

The S2 badge is a genuine Audi part, sourced from a friend in Germany. It is for the old S2 of a good many moons ago now, but I really think Audi have missed a trick by not doing an S version of the A2.

They've got the S3, the S4, the S6 and the S8, so why no S2? Seeing as how mine was the 90bhp version, and has since been chip tuned to 118bhp, and also has a K&N air filter which probably takes it to about 121-ish, I decided to rebadge mine, as a bit of fun!

Now if only the guys in charge had the courage to fit the 3.2l engine from the TT (it's transverse layout and would fit) and the quattro system, that would be one serious A2.

Maybe if I can source the bits I'll have a go myself as the next mod, to tide me over until the Bose stuff becomes available!!!!!

I beg to differ about the 2, because the logo was supplied as a set, on the same backing and with a front sheet to maintain proper spacing.

How do you think it should be?

It is a different font to the original 2 in A2, which is why I removed the whole of the old logo and replaced it with the new one. The 2 in S2 appears slightly italicised compared with A2's 2 and is slightly smaller.

I'll put it back on temporarily and take a photo to show you.

Doing a bit of research shows that the original S2 badge was like this:

So I don't know where this badge originates from, but it did come from Neckarsulm and it is a genuine Audi part.

Anyway, we all know it's not a proper S2, because there's no such thing (officially). So lighten up, it's a bit of fun that's all!

quote:Originally posted by Skipton01

Now if only the guys in charge had the courage to fit the 3.2l engine from the TT (it's transverse layout and would fit) and the quattro system, that would be one serious A2.

How much info do you have on this Mike ? Do you know of anyone in europe who's done this ?

I quite like the idea of getting a 2nd older A2 to play with [}:)]

Nice looking car there. Any more piccies? Is it Merlot Red?

Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

HEY WOOLY
Did you squash your car ? Or is it a A2/Smart
half breed ?
lol
looks pretty cool though.
cheers

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

I do like that Red one!

something that just occured to me as a problem with doing anything fancy engine wise with an A2... fabricating any new bits would be a pain in the exhaust - possible, though having to TIG weld any mods would make it hard work.

quote:Originally posted by Rob Earl

Nice looking car there. Any more piccies? Is it Merlot Red?

Rob,

Bringing back some memories there mate - your Merlot red A2 with the rare 5 spokes was a nice looking motor.

Kaine

Mike

Nice to finally see the photos of the new tank. thanks for the mention in the title.

Couple of questions:

What grade of tints have you got ??
Red painted calipers ??

You need some mud flaps now to keep in nice and clean.

Must get around to putting some photos of Lottie on the site

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back