Photoshoot, 26th April

bretti_kivi

I will be in the UK for that weekend and have some time on Monday to indulge in some photography.

For those of you who haven't seen my stuff before, it's here: http://www.23hq.com/bretti_kivi. I am looking specifically for some "Action" shots, so I'd like to see an A2 go down a typical English lane and another shot of an A2 going through a ford. These are for the 2011 Calendar I'm helping to create for the German Club. Yes, I will push for an English version :)

Fords... yeah... Pillerton Hersey and Traitor's Ford (near Wellsbourne / towards the M40 and close to Banbury, respectively) look like being good options. Now, if you have something else, then I'm happy to consider it.

If you also want some other shots of your car, I can oblige. I'd love to spend some time with the rig (suction cups and a very long arm) in a multi-storey, but at the moment I won't have the big lights with me (too heavy).

If you're interested and have time, please LMK. During office hours that day, I want to be in Watford and then head back up to Coventry. The rest is pretty flexible.

Bret

If you fancy venturing further north we could arrange some aerial photography from my plane. The 500 ft rule doesnt allow me to fly lower over the land but some pictures could be taken from the sea close into the ayrshire coast

David.

@ULP: Now that sounds like a very interesting starting point. If I assume I'll be in Watford for 9... around Lunchtime in St. Neots shouldn't be an issue. Will have to make sure I get out early, though.

@airbus: wow. I just don't have the time! Sunday is a family thing all day, otherwise I would do the kms. It's also not my car :( 12 hours minimum - and I have to fly home early Tuesday - is a bit much.

Bret

Last edited:
I have a K10D and have had for the last three years. Only this year did I start seriously getting into (more) expensive lenses. The bits I have my eye on right now are mainly to extend over 200mm and a monopod / new tripod head (which will give me the quick release plates I need) along with some parts to finish the rig completely.

Apart from that, most of it is practice. Very little comes from equipment, though the latest flower set was done with studio lights and that was a *lot* of work. I'd like to get the lights portable before the summer so I can freeze some action and better light carparks :D

Bret

sounds excellent and this is fixed in my diary. I'll go over to Watford tomorrow afternoon straight after getting in, which gives me the option of doing some other stuff Monday morning (I need to get to the M5 J1 at some point to pick up my new wheels...).

I will give you a shout. I have a suction foot and arm in the bag, too, so if you're up for a couple of action shots - one A2 following another, which might mean cooperation from your other half - that would be great :D

If anyone else is around the area and is interested, shout now, as i'll be only reading sporidically over the weekend.

Bret

Last edited:
Chris:

Thanks very much for your assistance and hospitality today, it was great to meet you and the family.

When I've processed the results, I'll upload and let you have full res copies, might be tonight.

Bret

not bad.

here one I've cloned the plate out on:

5614942_f546949b440fb25efd3bf53c03498478_large1k.jpg

there's another 25 or so where that came from, I just haven't got around to cloning plates out yet.

Bret

Back