Pics of my A2

dubbsy

I've taken a load of photos of my recently acquired A2. Here's a link to my Photobucket site if anyone wants a look. Apologies for the arty ones.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a270/dubbsy/?start=0

p.s. hope this works - think I've set the account options up correctly for others to view. Not sure how long it'll take to exceed my free allowance of bandwidth?!

a2 1.4 sport . dolphin grey . audi body kit . debadged tail . rear bench seat

Hey Dubbsy
ive just replied on another thread about your pics
some ace shots there mate people at Lydiard must have thought you where mad/crazy poking the camera about at all those different angles i was looking at the one of the sidelight last night took me ages to realize that was what it was DOH !!!!!!

A2avatar.jpg

I tried to choose a quiet place at a quiet time so I wouldn't get disturbed. However, a coach load of kids on a school outing drove past so that scuppered my plans a bit. The horse and the donkey in the field were a little confused as well, especially when I started lying on the ground taking photos of the sky... still, it takes all sorts.

Looks rather nice! P-Zero Nero tyres quite adventurous on a small car - what's the ride like with such a low profile? (Bearing in mind that I find the standard SE a bit unforgiving of sudden-ish bumps and potholes...)

The P-Zero Neros were already fitted - not sure if they were on there from new - it's got just over 11k on the clock and the handover check last week stated 4mm left on the front and 6mm on the rear. Ride wise, as you may have read elsewhere in the forum, I've converted from a Passat 1.8T Sport estate which was a bit soft and rolly. Prior to this, I owned a Mk1V Golf GTI 1.8T on VW lowered springs with 17" alloys and 225/45 17 tyres. That was a pretty firm ride so my expectation was that the aluminium construction of the A2 coupled with the lower profile tyres would be harder than this and potentially spine jarring. Swindon's roads aren't the smoothest to say the least but, so far, I've been pleasantly surprised with how the A2 copes. Yes, it's firm and pronounced lumps do make it jump a bit but I was looking for a car that would bring a bit of fun back into my driving (not necessarily speed) and the ride and handling of the A2 certainly seems to be doing this so far. The wife and kids don't mind it so it must be OK..!

Yes the A2 is fun to drive but hit a hole in the road and boy dont you know it

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

Indeed - which is probably why the Audi stealer tells me that the bushes on the antiroll bar are cracked and need replacing! Which requires the whole bar to be replaced according to him - £400! Of course, Warranty Direct wont play ball...

I am investigating cheaper alternatives, armed with Mike's workshop manual discs!

did you say warranty direct dropped them months ago as a warranty company. went for the VW warranty instead

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

I dont think I will be renewing with Warranty Direct, that's for sure... but I have a while to go before it expires and I dont fancy paying out more premiums right now.

Back