Pine Green Mr Noisy

George Hogg

A2OC Donor
Today I fitted new, upgraded fuel regulator. It has totally cleared the power drop off over 4000rpm where it ran lean. As seen on the dyno.
The car is transformed! Much better than an FSI, (I’ve got three to compare it with) it just yelps and goes on now strongly to 6500rpm when I backed off.
With its new Powerflow exhaust and a few niggles sorted out it has become utterly brilliant.
Thank you to @A2Steve and @celisone for doing all the hard work and your advice.
If you have a 1.4i with a knackered engine this is a wonderful conversion.

Attachments

• IMG_4063.jpeg
    IMG_4063.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 81
Oh I found the thread. Quite a job then. Here was me thinking a new fuel reg and exhaust had made the aua into a poky beast :)
Talking to @celisone one option is to swap in a complete BCB 1.6 engine, it won’t be as poky without the AUB cam, inlet and exhaust but it’s pretty straightforward. It’ll be a lot more torquey than a 1.4 as it has a longer stroke which is the 1.4 main problem.

I heard that car running from the other end of the carpark while @timmus and I were in the workshop at @George Hogg 's meet last month - sounded awesome - quite bassy and much more aggressive sounding than any petrol A2 does normally!
It’s much more fun now Robin, no noisier but I was quite pleasantly surprised at the increase in performance!

G

Back