Pioneer stereo and adaptor leads check

CrispyEdd

United-Kingdom
Fed up with my Concert II, great though the sound is, I miss DAB and streaming my phone. So I would like to fit a pioneer dab with all bells and whistles, phone usb and bluetooth music etc. I have read about the foibles of the A2 stereo and rear amp speakers, crazy aerial gubbins in boot (so over complicated when an aerial will do surely) etc. Unsurprisingly complex and non straightforward, I never expected an easy journey from my four wheeled antagonist.

So the link below seems to be the fullest spec wiring adaptor I can find that claims to do it all! Can anyone confirm this is indeed the best option and I'm not wasting money trying to stray from Audi's own stereo plus a little streaming box retrofit?

I have a 4 speaker non bose concert II set up all standard factory stuff 04 plate.

Thanks for any advice!

Fed up with my Concert II, great though the sound is, I miss DAB and streaming my phone. So I would like to fit a pioneer dab with all bells and whistles, phone usb and bluetooth music etc. I have read about the foibles of the A2 stereo and rear amp speakers, crazy aerial gubbins in boot (so over complicated when an aerial will do surely) etc. Unsurprisingly complex and non straightforward, I never expected an easy journey from my four wheeled antagonist.

So the link below seems to be the fullest spec wiring adaptor I can find that claims to do it all! Can anyone confirm this is indeed the best option and I'm not wasting money trying to stray from Audi's own stereo plus a little streaming box retrofit?

I have a 4 speaker non bose concert II set up all standard factory stuff 04 plate.

Thanks for any advice!
Why not just add Bluetooth to the Concert II? Almost all radio stations that are on DAB are also online, plus many that are only online. Install
(or Tune In for iPhone).
And you're away. Depending on which Bluetooth kit you buy, you can also have USB, SD and Aux.
Retains the OEM look too.
Mac.

The one I use, AnyCarLink 1080B, is currently not available, so I'll leave recommendations to others.
Best to decide what input options you need, and go from there. I have never used the Aux or USB, and although there is music on the SD card, I use the phone only. I've used hands free a few times.
Mac.

Shame, I would only want hand free calling, dab, and streaming music off my phone. I charge via handbrake socket if needed

Shame, I would only want hand free calling, dab, and streaming music off my phone. I charge via handbrake socket if needed
The Bluetooth adapter, paired to your phone will allow you to play music that's stored on your phone, while a radio player app will stream your required radio stations.
You can do hands free calls using your Google Assistant, using the mic in the phone, and the radio speaker via Bluetooth. Separate hands free needs a mic connected to the adapter, and mounted on the dash, or A pillar.
If you anticipate lots of hands free calls, a dedicated mic connected to the adaptor will give better sound quality.
So, decide what functions are important to you, then find the adapters that provide them.
Mac.

The Bluetooth adapter, paired to your phone will allow you to play music that's stored on your phone, while a radio player app will stream your required radio stations.
You can do hands free calls using your Google Assistant, using the mic in the phone, and the radio speaker via Bluetooth. Separate hands free needs a mic connected to the adapter, and mounted on the dash, or A pillar.
If you anticipate lots of hands free calls, a dedicated mic connected to the adaptor will give better sound quality.
So, decide what functions are important to you, then find the adapters that provide them.
Mac.
But of course, you can still listen to the radio on FM, as now, switching to streaming for digital stations.
Mac.

AUX MP3 SD USB.jpg

Here's what I want to try and fit, holds phone and does everything in one Bix no leads or gubbins, it doesn't match dash as well but I think a simpler looking solution maybe... so just need the harness to do this from stock which I hope is the link in my first post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206-191804_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220206-191804_Chrome.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 117
Or this sexy thing

Will need adapters though and it is quite expensive...

That is cool, shame there not a 90s one but it would be garish with flashing lights. This is a beauty for 80 cars tho.

Or this sexy thing

Will need adapters though and it is quite expensive...
Quite expensive? Classic understatement ?
Mac.

Here's what I want to try and fit, holds phone and does everything in one Bix no leads or gubbins, it doesn't match dash as well but I think a simpler looking solution maybe... so just need the harness to do this from stock which I hope is the link in my first post.
I have one of these. It's decent. Also with a sub... EQ is pretty good, too. Overall good. But the phone holder covers the hazard switch if you use the upper DIN slot. DSP is good, could be better - then again, it's a €130 head unit and I'm comparing with a stand-alone DSP at €350, so it's not really fair. Mildly annoying in both cases: it's not possible to have the system set that you can continue to listen after the ignition is off but the door isn't opened. It's been so long since I had an original radio in, I can't remember how it worked in the A2.

I have one of these. It's decent. Also with a sub... EQ is pretty good, too. Overall good. But the phone holder covers the hazard switch if you use the upper DIN slot. DSP is good, could be better - then again, it's a €130 head unit and I'm comparing with a stand-alone DSP at €350, so it's not really fair. Mildly annoying in both cases: it's not possible to have the system set that you can continue to listen after the ignition is off but the door isn't opened. It's been so long since I had an original radio in, I can't remember how it worked in the A2.
You want the "S" contact on the ignition switch, green/yellow wire.
Mac.

Back