Please advise if this is corect

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicks3

Hi all, Just taken delivery of The A2 and are so far very pleased with it, but i do have a question -

I opted for the black leather sport seat option. Can someone who has black leather tell me if they have leather inserts on the door cards ?
As i have cloth insert. The brochures say otherwise...............

I think to have leather on the doors / armrests you need the full leather option. This is of course at extra cost. My car just has leather sports seats.

Like they say, it's all in the small print. I had similar with the audio system, my fault I should have read the small print, and not trusted smooth tongued salesman.

quote:Originally posted by quicks3

I opted for the black leather sport seat option. Can someone who has black leather tell me if they have leather inserts on the door cards ?
As i have cloth insert. The brochures say otherwise...............
Hello. The current "A2 details" brochure I have in front of me has a pic of a car with red leather sports seats. The door inserts are black cloth. Sorry...

Glad you like it apart from that though.

Cheers, Richard.

We have the full red leather interior and the only part of the door in leather is the handles - as can be seen from this piccy.
http://www.a2oc.net/pic_display.asp?id=1502
From memory, I've never seen an A2 with full leather door trim.
The matching red handles come as a pack which includes steering wheel, floor mats, gear knob & handbrake grip. AKA the controls pack.
P.S. The piccy above only shows half a controls pack due to a bit of a **** up. The car now has the full complement of colour.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

quote:Originally posted by Rob Earl

We have the full red leather interior and the only part of the door in leather is the handles - as can be seen from this piccy.
http://www.a2oc.net/pic_display.asp?id=1502

Hi Rob,

I've been considering red leather if / when I order our A2. But not seen it in the flesh. Looks a much brighter red in your pic than in the brochure. Would you say your pic is representative of the colour?

Thanks, Richard.

I have to admit, the photos make the red look really vivid, but in reality it isn't OTT at all.
Now the car is 15months old, the leather on the drivers seat is starting to look shiny and used, which I think is a good thing.
We considered wether or not to get a red steering wheel in case it overpowered the car and in the end went for it. The result is great - more colour but it all works together very well.

Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Rob

I am confused, we ordered the leather interior (not just seats) andwhen I looked last night we only have leeather on the seats!

Dealer said we had got a "Special Edition" rather than an SE but that it had been built to the same spec - will need to dig the brochure out now and check again!

Ian

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

My leather is only seats and steering wheel. Never thought about it till now! I don't think the red leather will go with my pink shellsuit.

If my memory serves me right, Leather interior consists of just leather seats. The original SE (Special Equipment? as opposed to the Special Edition now) had leather gear knob, steering wheel etc in leather as standard.
On top of this you could have the controls pack to match in mats, wheel, gear knob etc with your leather colour. Not sure whether the controls pack was only availabe with lairy leather - red, blue or yellow.

I thought the full leather option came with the sports seats only? Are your sports seats Rob?

Kaine

Nope. We've just got standard seats.

Over here, if you want Leather seats, you have to buy the Sport seats also. There is also the third option, Sport seats with half-leather (only with the "S-Line"-Package)

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, TV, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

We have standard seats as well

Ian

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back