Please Help

terzo282

HI all

Please help

My engine management light is on again (mind you it's been ok for the last 7months but done 30miles since) now when filling the car with petrol the other day I had no choice but to use shell V-Maxpower as there was no 95ron left, when used up I went back the 95ron but no my engine management light has come on, does changing from one ron % to the other play havark with the brains of the car

I have the audi elswin program at home can I use this to see why the light is coming on, or do I have to use VAGCOM (only know ablout that one as I read it somewhere on this site)

If I have to use Vagcom can someone sell me a copy and sell my alead

Many Thanks Colin

Hi Colin,
You don't say which petrol engine your A2 has. If you have the 1,6fsi the correct fuel to use is the high RON 97 to 99, 95RON will have your motor running rough. Again if you have a 1,6fsi the egine warning light can be on often, unfortunately. Never heard of your diagnostic programme but heard often about VAGCOM on this site that this is the software that VAG themselves use.

As far as changing from one grade of fuel to another it on its own shouldn't make the management light come on.

Hi Mark

Mine is the 1.6fsi, and it has done 85000 miles and i have always used the stanard unleaded fuel as my company pay for it and thats all i'm suppose to us, we only us super unleaded if thats all that is availble, I may have the ron figures incorrect as some garages are different, also whats the difference to 89ron and 95roz, as thats what the fuel cap says,

I do notice the odd misfire from the car no and then, but now that the the engine managment light is back on it seems to be running faster and smoother.

Why do the 1.6fsi always have problems with the light, last time is was a little valve lever that was broken in the inlet manifold so the valve wasn't opening or closeing when it should have, and the pevious six times it was the coils

As much as I love my little car i have found it very unrealible

Anyway do you have a copy and a lead I could buy from you

Many Thanks Colin

HI all again

Last week something wierd happened aswell as my engine light, I was driving along a duel carriage way when my ABS light came on along with the ASR light and Brake warning light (dash looked like a christmas tree), so I pulled over (brakes where very bad like the engine wasn't running) turned off engine while i read my book and it told me that I have brake system failure, so I waited a while and turned the engine back on and all was ok, then 4 days later I have my engine light on and now my one touch window does not work in the down mode

Do I have gremlins

Any Suggestion most welcome

Colin

Back