Polish/Wax Advice needed

fordy

Now when there's a question that needs answering, I always turn to you guys. I've got my 1.6fsi SE with Colour Storm paintwork (Blue/Black). I'm gonna get her ready for summer for the first time, BUT.....I know what I'm gonna do with the blue bodywork, however, WHAT CAN I USE ON THE MATT BLACK PART (roof & wheel arches)?

I don't want to leave any residue or marks on the black or even worse, I don't want to damage the paint :eek:

So no doubt someone has faced this before, so can you help?

Cheers, Ethan

I use Meguiars NXT Gen wax on pretty much all the surfaces of my A2 (not the windscreen or tyres though). The lower plastics look pretty good using Megs Wax, but I try not to put to much on as it can gather.

Buy a good quality Wax and try it on a very small area of the Matt paint, it won't damage the finish and most Waxes can be removed during a claying session anyway. :)

Autoglym do a very good 'gel solution' in a green labelled bottle.

Coverage is excellent, application is easy and effortless and best of all it removes the white marks left by the polish.

Highly recommended.

Darren

I use Zymol wax on my plastic bits, gives a slight sheen but no white residue, that's the wax not the cream cleaner, but pricey at about £45 a tin but seems to go on for ever, wife dropped it out of the fridge breaking the container, contacter supplier (vertar) for a replacement container and they supplied a new set with postage to send back the old damaged one, that's what I call service, if you use the whole system the finish is superb, far better than any AutoGlym product I used to use, takes a bit of work but well worth it, don't forget to clay the car first though, the amount of cr*p that alone removes is truly remarkable, I use the Bilt Hamber clay advertised in classic car mags, cheaper and you only need water as a lube. http://www.bilthamber.com/autoclay.html

Mike

I saw an ad on the tv last night for ice wax, i think its by turtle wax, sorry but i was half asleep. Anyway I was awake enough (or was I?!?) to notice the seemed to use it on every surface, including the interior!!!

Might be work a look or contact them for a sample.

cheers

Jonathan

I've found the Maguiers nxt gen tech protection works great on the plastics its a conditioner with no colours just restores the colour and it lasts for weeks even on the tyres and for the paint use meg's nxt gen spray wax no white marks and no powder in door shuts

Cheers Phil

Cheers everyone....I'm gonna look into it. My main concern is the matt paintwork of the roof and wheels arches and not the plastics. I've got plenty to go at. Cheers, Ethan

Back