Pollen Filter - change once a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy1

Despite 2 year service periods, these should be changed once a year. If you have ever lifted one out after a year you will see why. Before I lift the lid, anyone changed there's and know the location?

2003 FSi SE in Ebony Black Pearlescent; Climate; DIS; Winter Pack; Sports Steering Wheel; Copilot Light and Upgraded bulbs

I did this at last. £12 for Audi filter and with help of Bosch link above discovered it fits from inside car! Passenger footwell under dash. Slide back panel, then centralise two sliding locators and then pull off cover. Pull down filter frame and renew. Take care on filter direction. Touch bits are first sliding off the outer cover - brute force towards you - not down. Second toughy is fitting back inner cover as edge catches on close fitting dash panel. I found loosening the lower dash panel star bolt helps. Old filter was filthy after 11 months. NB Filters that are located inside engine bays are worse.

2003 FSi SE in Ebony Black Pearlescent; Climate; DIS; Winter Pack; Sports Steering Wheel; Copilot Light and Upgraded bulbs

Poppy,

Doesn't it depend on where you are? I remember seeing a presentation by 3M that showed the differences between city and country driving on the cabin air environment - the air filter will perform upto a certain weight of dust etc it holds, which is obviously related to the condition of the air where you live.

Kaine

Mine was done at the 2nd service... and what a difference it made! The system noticebly pumped more air through (I thought anyway). So regular replacement makes sense I think.

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

Pollen Filters:
My dealer has informed me that the pollen filter is to be changed at 20,000 miles. Despite the car having had 2 services (one at 21,000) one intermediate oil & filter change at 25,000 mls. and another service at 30,000 miles) it has still not been replaced by the dealer. By the time the car has a 40,000 service it will be 4 years old and still with the original pollen filter!
Is this their way of keepng servicing costs down?
I service and repair my old Mercedes, perhaps I'll have to start on the A2!

Nomadix

Not changing it doesn't keep the cost down - We were billed for two filters, oil and pollen, in the service charge.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back