Pollen filter cover / retainer

tdige

A2OC Donor
Hi Guys

I have been lurking on this site for a few years now and at long last managed to get my hand on my first A2 which Im pretty impressed so far. It does needs a bit of TLC but Im working on it only had it a week.

I was wondering if anyone has the part number or spare pollen filter cover? mines missing so there is nothing holding it in and it just blows cold air down. As I have not seen what was in place, is there also a spring I need that holds it in place like on the back of the front head lights or does it just click in place?

Cheers in advance for you help

Tdige

Tdi 90 SE with Open Sky

Thanks for the quick reply Spike

It looks as though mine has the black slide'y thing missing and the retaining clips.
Info like this makes this site the best and one of the reasons I got the car.

Cheers

Tdige

The bottom cover comes as an assembly with the 2 sliding clips and costs about £10. P/n is 6Q0 819 422A

Cheers Spike

Welcome!
There are two types of pollen filter you can get too - there's the standard one, and there's an activated charcoal one for a few quid more...

What's the age of your car? Is your OpenSky fully working?

Hi Spike

Its a 2004 SE and yes the Opensky is fully working although its in needs some lube on the rubber seals, as the back panel sticks a little before it pops up.

I bought a RossTech HEX-USB+CAN the other day as I the Glow Plug flashes and Engine light stays on, seems like a common fault on the Tdi 90's. Its a bit of a pig to get started I have changed the Glow plugs but it seems no current is getting to them. The fault codes seem to point in the direction of the glow plugs wiring or engine speed sensor (its a bit odd if it is the sensor as it runs without skipping a beat). Without a workshop manual or Paynes manual its difficult to trace this sort of thing up without the wiring diagrams. I will see what they say when I pick it up.

Im going to give it a full service tomorrow Im sure that will be fun. I got the parts and oil from TPS I dont know if you have heard of them very cheap and OEM parts.

I drove down from Edinburgh to the North East at the weekend to see family and it ran really well. Its the first one I have driven and Im not to sure about the suspension yet. Living in Edinburgh is a bit of a difficult one for suspension as there is still a lot of cobble's here, to hard it shakes you to bit and to soft and your all over the place. I have a VW Polo 1.4 Sport which Im selling at the mo and this is set up just right for here and its not to hard not to soft. I might try and get down for the Audi in the park gig as it would be interesting to see if I can have a run in some A2's with different set up's to see what is good.

Happy Daze

Nige

...Its a bit of a pig to get started I have changed the Glow plugs but it seems no current is getting to them. ...

I would not have thought the glow plugs would be needed at this time of year? If I recall correctly they only get used if it is very cold.

I'm pretty sure glow plugs shouldn't ignite at all above ambient temperatures of 5C.
A common cause of the glow plug warning light flashing on the A2 is a temperamental brake light switch.

What fault codes is your car throwing? Post them here and we can take a look!

As to suspension - there are really only two routes to take for improving ride quality - downsize your wheels to 15"s, and/or get Koni FSD shocks.

Hi Dan

I have added the Glow plug post to the Diagnostic Thread which is sorted now. Regarding the ride I think I will wait until next year and see if I have any spare cash for the Koni's.

This is such a great site, its one of the reasons I got the car LOL

Hi Nige,

I am heading upto Inverness to visit my mum at the end of July. I was going to stay overnight in Edinburgh to break up the trip. I have got wetec springs and fsd's. You would be welcome to have a ride in mine on your cobbled streets to see how it handles if you wish.

Cheers

David

Back