possible conversion, any ideas ????

justin

hi everyone i will be purchasing my a2 in 2 weeks time but as yet undecided between tdi or fsi as buying as a new project to work on. does any one know if a 1.6 lupo gti engine will fit the a2 as i have looked across the site and cannot see anything definate about an engine conversion that works.......any ideas ???

It would probably fit, but I can't think why you would do it. A 110 FSI can be tinkered with to gain an extra 10 or so horses.. the GTI engine will give you 125 out of the box, and you could reach 135 before turning to more extreme mods.. thing is, you've already been through a fairly extreme modification to get the engine in place to start with!

Why not look towards a beefier TDI or if you don't fancy the nose-heavy option, fit a 1.8T and get 180bhp from a 150 engine; 210bhp from a 180 engine, 225bhp from a 210 or 260bhp from a 225 lump.....

thanks for reply mate, good point just thinkin that the lupo lump might go in pretty easy where as i would expect the 1.8t to be a real tight fit and a lot more work any idea how much greif the 1.6t is to get in ( gearbox, etc )

Hi Justin, welcome to the A2oc.
Have you considered a diesel ? The 90 TDi is capable of 120+ bhp without too much effort and probably a lot more if you want to experiment with high flow injectors and hybrid turbos etc.
A member of the German A2oc has installed the 1.8T engine and its a massive project.
I'll post the link if I can find it again - just spotted that erstens has already done it

Cheers Spike

thanks for the welcome mate. to be honest if i can get enough performance from it the tdi will be my first choice anyway, but the main reason to buy the car is my last two projects are finished and sold and i think the a2 has been a huge untapped resource for modifying an a real chunky little euro style monkey so im gonna try some new stuff, ive got some ideas that i havnt seen on any yet but want a bit of go aswell

Back