Possible door module failure

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Got a problem with a discharging battery. As scan show drivers door module failure to communicate intermittent. The door open DIS and fuel cap opening are also intermittent.
I am planning to just disconnect the door module and see what happens regarding the battery charge.
So electrical gurus is that a good plan or does the CCCU require a module to be plugged in to work?

Safe to say the CCCU will then have a continuous failure to communicate with the door. Have you checked the condition of the wiring from inside the car to and through the A pillar on its way to the drivers door? Wires have been known to break and the A pillar wiring plugs could have dirty contacts, water, corrosion or bent pins. Also is the door fuse good and its contacts clean?

Equally a poor connection onto the door module in one or more of the multiplugs will not help. Try holding the plugs tight against the module and applying tape to hold them there.

Morning Simon,

Sorry I missed your post yesterday. The below linked thread which was revived yesterday should certainly be of help Sir.

Kind regards,

Tom

Well after a lot of switch cleaner etc, the drivers door now seems to have a mind of its own. Intermittently Indicating open when closed and flickering whilst driving. (Door pillar lights follow)
This is starting to annoy me. Look like I will have to dismantle the door. One of my least favourite jobs.

Morning Simon,

Forgot what you have tested and scanned but if everything else seems like it should be okay post the work you e done to date, it might be worth checking the cleanliness of the pins within the door connector. Good squirt of contact cleaner in there, let it dry and pack it with non conductive grease.

Had to do this to EUDs NSR door as water had got into the speaker connector which caused a horrid noise. I cleaned it out then put quite a lot of dielectric silicone grease in and the issue was instantly cured.

Your issue is no doubt to do with the door module but always worth checking the easy things are as they should be first Sir.

Kind regards.

Tom

Back